Posted on: 2011/9/12 14:16
I really love the new Xoops version! Especially the new admin-interface give Xoops the professional look of a serious cms.
I'm trying to use the Templates manager in xoops 2.5.1a (with PHP 5.2.17) to make custom templates for another theme i created. But i can't generate the templates for this theme. It seems it has to do with permissions on the filesystem or so.
What i found out so far:
- all files/directories are owned by me
- if i choose my theme / forced file generation - yes / all modules (only system and fmcontent) i get the message 'no files generated'
-> this is good because file permissions are not set to allow this.
- i chmod the directory /themes/mytheme/modules to 757 (apache should be able to write here now)
- if i choose mytheme / forced file generation - yes / Select modules (only fmcontent), i select all shown files, the template-files for fmcontent are generated (owned by apache)
- the templatesmanager shows these files and the subdirectory blocks but inside blocks no files are generated.
- i chown the directory /themes/mytheme/modules/fmcontent/blocks to myself and set permission on this directory to 757 again
- after choosing mytheme / forced file generation - yes / Select modules (only fmcontent), i select all shown files, all block-files for fmcontent are generated (owned by apache)
- the templatesmanager shows these files now.
* Is this normal for the Xoops Templatesmanager?
* How should i apply permissions to the files? The template files are now world-writeable, but if i chown them to myself i can't edit the files!