Mamba
extGallery 1.13 Beta-1 available for testing (XOOPS 2.5.8, PHP 7)
  • 2016/3/21 15:52

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Resized Image

The extGallery1.13 Beta-1 is available for testing on XOOPS 2.5.8 RC-2 and PHP 7

You can download it from GitHub.

And you can fork it from GitHub as well, and submit your improvements or bug fixes there.

We encourage everybody to open an account on GitHub and get used to working with Git, as this is the current Industry Standard.

Please note:

a) This version is developed and tested ONLY on XOOPS 2.5.8 Beta

b) This is a very early stage of development/testing, so please be careful and don't use it on a production site.

TUTORIAL

We are also looking for help with the Tutorial for extGallery and for few other modules.

You can fork the extGallery Tutorial in GitHub, and then use GitBook to modify it, or you can modify it manually, directly in GitHub, or on your local PC with your own editor.

The beauty of this approach is that once you learn how to use GitHub, you can use these skills for both source code and for Documentation
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Skypilot
Re: extGallery 1.13 Beta-1 available for testing (XOOPS 2.5.8, PHP 7)
  • 2016/3/27 17:36

• Skypilot

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2016/2/27

Mamba,

I installed the 2.5.8 version onto my server per these instructions:

Upgrading from 2.5.x:
-----------------------------------
1. Get the right update package from the sourceforge file repository
2. Overwrite files in XOOPS directory on your server with the content of /htdocs
* make sure that you copy the content of /xoops_lib to whatever directory you keep it on the server now (it should be your current XOOPS_TRUST_PATH directory), then delete the /xoops_lib directory. There can NOT be two directories with the content of /xoops_lib
3. Update the "System" module from the modules administration interface, as well as "Profile", "PM", and "Protector", as they have new GUI.
4) Clear caches, using the Admin's Maintenance function.

Went to the Admin Panel and I cannot get to the Modules to update per Item 3. I can get into the panel but when I click on the Modules, I get no further. It does not show the update or reinstall for the System, Profile, PM or Protector.

I've done everything per the instructions. What did I miss?

geekwright

Ouch, apparently we need to fix some instructions :(

Some templates changed, so things will be messy in admin until the system module is updated. You can jump straight into it with this:

your-site-url/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin&op=update&module=system

But, there still is a problem. With 2.5.8 there are small but vital database changes, so you need to install and run the upgrade code from the distribution to handle the modifications.

These are the instructions from the 2.5.8 RC announcements that pick up from where you seem to be:

Quote:

- Copy the distribution upgrade directory into your web root directory.

- Point your browser tohttp://your-site-url/upgrade/ and follow the prompts.

- At the end, follow the link to upgrade the system module.

- Also update pm, profile and protector modules if installed.

- Remove the install and upgrade directories from your web root.

Your site should be ready to use.

We do need to check the instructions and make sure they indicate the correct procedure. It has been a while since the updgrade was required, so there is some confusion there. Sorry.

Skypilot
  • 2016/3/30 20:47

• Skypilot

• Friend of XOOPS

Geekwright,

Thanks for your help with the instructions and I got it to upgrade. The only problem I am getting is view user's account. I can edit my profile, make changes and save it but, when I click on the "View Account," it takes me to "Page is not available."

Can you tell me, the rookie, what the issue is?

Thanks!

Mamba
  • 2016/3/30 21:48

• Mamba

1) In Preferences, in the General Settings, set the "Check templates for modifications?" to "yes"

2) Go to "Maintenance" in the Admin, and clear all the Cache folders, and also the Sessions table.

Then try again to go to the "View Account" and see if it helped...

If not, you might uninstall all modules, except the Profile, Protector, and PM, do the steps 1-2 again, and try it again. This will tell you if there is potentially a conflict with one of the existing modules.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Skypilot
  • 2016/4/5 21:29

• Skypilot

• Friend of XOOPS

Mamba,

Thanks for your help, again. So, I followed your instructions and I had to uninstall and reinstall to which, I will not do it again. Lost all content except, I did not do the forum. Everything seems to be working good except two things. One, I have the Classified module and it works alright to the point that no one can place an ad. I click on "Add a Classified Ad in this Category" and it takes me back to the beginning. Though I have several categories; when I'm in the admin panel to place an ad, the categories are not recognized. I have set the permissions for every category for the users.

Also, after the reinstall of the modules, two would not reinstall. The Publisher 1.03 Beta 2 and the Video Tube 1.86. After trying to install I get this notice: Table 'xf21_vp_reports' already exists

What I would like is a module to upload videos directly to the site by the user. Don't care for YouTube, though a link option for the user is okay.

Thanks!

Mamba
  • 2016/4/8 18:53

• Mamba

1) Sorry to hear that you lost some content! But always make a database backup before you do anything related to the database, unless you know what you're doing

2) Which "Classified" module are you using? Which version?

3) To delete the "xf21_vp_reports" table, you would have to go to the phpMyAdmin and delete it manually.

Please note: Publisher should have no problems with the "vp_reports" table.

The "vp_reports" table is part of "VideoTube", but because "VideoTube" is not maintained on XOOPS anymore, use instead "XoopsTube". I'll try to test it this weekend on PHP7 and XOOPS 2.5.8 and provide an update.

4) When you talk about "uploading videos by the user" - you mean a physical file, or only a link to something else?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Yurdal
  • 2016/6/13 18:46

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

Just installed Extgallery 1.13 Beta1 in Xoops 2.5.8 i cant see the pictures in "the list of photos" images block, i see the links in the block but not the pictures !

Mamba
  • 2016/6/14 8:50

• Mamba

Quote:
Just installed Extgallery 1.13 Beta1 in Xoops 2.5.8 i cant see the pictures in "the list of photos" images block, i see the links in the block but not the pictures !

Thank you for testing!

Which PHP version do you have, and which theme are you using?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Yurdal
  • 2016/6/14 11:31

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

PHP 5.3.29

Bootrtrap theme

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits