Multisite: Adding multisite capability "out of the box", with users being able to manage/update several website from one central location
- Improve security of XOOPS to minimize hack possibilty. We can add some functionnality for Xoops Authentification like: password expiration based on a number of days when the password is valid,
create new account with a temp password that user must change during the first connection
- Change the default chmod (777) by a more secure chmod (755). This include a modification of Xoops
installer that for the moment don't change the chmod.
- Change module architecture for separate scripts and entry point. Actually module have all their file set in the modules/ directory. The
goal is to have the script set in a secure directory and in modules/ directory we retreive only file that check security and include the secured script.
- Embedded security protection against XSS
and sql injection to free module developers from security concerns
- WURFL driven Content Adaptation support for controlling view rendering on Mobile phones and
PDF: Adding PDF class that use Xoops Model Object for simplify developer work.
- Log all event on the Xoops site:
Standard Admin manipulation (change settings, install/update or delete a module).
- Create administration console for search, clear or create some report.
Xoops Form class to allow customisation by developers and inherit from it for change the default work.
Manage all BBcode in Administration for easy adding of new ones.
Editor system: Manage editor in admin area (install, uninstall). Configure Editor toolbar and create different
Database: Add more database drivers. Full PDO integration for multi-database support
Internationalization: New i18n service with native
multi-language support using Gettext , with with customisable behaviour (language fallback, only show requested language, etc.). XLIFF import & export of multilingual content for integration with
Translation Management platforms used by professional translation agencies
CCK - add content types as well as additional fields to existing content types, similar to CCK in
- Improved ORM will enable crossing-module hook to allow interactions between modules without hacking each other
- Improved basic module builder for
users to create their own modules without programming skill
- Make Theme inheritable, allowing webmaster creating a new theme dependent on a parent theme shared by other themes, which is
convenient for webmasters and powerful for multi-site applications with great potential
- Supporting multiple template engines thus customized template engine and with template inheritance.
Integration of Smarty 3
- New Hook mechanism
- new Plugin system
- new comment and new notification system
- provides RESTful API to manage pages/content
"enterprise” features like i18n, l10n, versioning, workflows, ACLs, with easy reverting to old content, contributors list to contents, etc.
- Integration with a Zend Framework/Symfony