Tutorials: Tutorial: A nice Chat for XOOPS - 123flashchatPosted by: alain01on 2012/7/6 18:20:00 10817 reads
I will show you in this tutorial how to install a Chat for XOOPS.
Oh, I hear you here saying : "Oh no, yet another poorly designed and not user friendly chat !"
False!!! Here you can see the beautiful and friendly users interface:
Yes, this is not an ordinary chat module - I'm talking about a chat that will allow you to:
- Use a webcam / micro
- Use smileys
- Send flash emotions
- Send sounds
- Send images
- Use predefined messages
- Change background and skin...
- Include your avatar
- Change the font and text color...
- Send "virtual gifts"
- and many other things
In addition, within the chat rooms, you could manage :
- number of chat rooms
- access (by password)
- the maximum number of chatters in a chat room
- various options (webcam, sound, virtual gifts...)
- and many other things
Let me share with you my experience with this Chat system:
- Level : experienced user (but doesn't need to be an expert)
- Requirements: A Linux-based Web server like Virtual Private Server or dedicated servers for example. (It's also possible to use a 123flashchat server)
- Constraints: free version allows only for 10 chatteurs at same time
If you would like to see a demo, please go to here and choose a chat room !
STEP 1 : Installation of 123flashchat on your server
Download Linux version from http://www.123flashchat.com/download.html
Follow the installation procedure (very easy) here : http://www.123flashchat.com/docs/v95/For-Linux-User
STEP 2 : 123flashchat Configuration
Now, you can show the Chat here: http://mysite.fr:35555
Admin management will be here: http://mysite.fr:35555/admin-panel.html
Login management (Single sign-on) :
in fact, we could used the login/password table from XOOPS to use 123flashchat. We don't need to create another different login. You can use following data:
- Parameter system
- Integration Group
- Database Host: localhost
- Database Name: name of the XOOPS DB
- Database User: name of the XOOPS DB user
- Database password: password of the XOOPS DB
- database user table: xxx_users
- Username Field : uname
- password field: pass
- Enable MD5: YES
STEP 3a : Interaction with XOOPS
Now, we could integrate this chat with XOOPS
Follow installation procedure in the zip file (readme.txt)
- In the directory flashchatconf, Add an index.html file (just like another index.html file in XOOPS structure)
- On flashchatconf, Edit config.php: $running_mode=1; (your own server)
- On flashchatconf, edit config_local.php :
-- $chat_client_root_path = "http://mysite.fr:35555/123flashchat.html";
-- $chat_data_path = "/opt/123FlashChat9.6/server/data/default/";
-- $primary_server_port = 35555;
- Modify the chatwinsize.php file at line 53:
echo 'Go Chat !';
STEP 3b : Interaction with XOOPS (Block)
Create a custom block, and add:
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/functions_chat.php';
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/chatwinsize.php';
Save in php mode.
Inside the block you will find: number of chat rooms, number of connected chatters, and their names
STEP 4 : Enjoy it !
Sure, this is a very high level tutorial, but it's easy, just take some time to install and configure.
If you have questions, please contact me directly, or post them in this forum thread.
- Admin : chat rooms type management
- Front office : http://www.123flashchat.com/docs/v95/View-Manual
- Chat Rooms managment : http://www.123flashchat.com/docs/v95/Room-Settings-Manual