XOOPS: XOOPS 2.5.4 Final ReleasedPosted by: Mambaon 2011/11/20 8:10:00 17873 reads The XOOPS Development Team is pleased to announce the release of XOOPS 2.5.4 Final.
In addition to bug fixes, this release is updating several libraries:
- phpMailer 5.1
- TinyMCE 3.4.6
- jQuery 1.7.0
- jQueryUI 1.8.16
We have also updated all Core modules (PM, Profile, Protector) to Mage's ModuleAdmin GUI, so all of them have a consistent "look & feel":
The new Module GUI will be the official GUI for all modules supported by XOOPS, and will drive:
- Increased productivity
- Decreased training and support costs
- Reduced development time and costs
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased user satisfaction
We also have fixed few bugs. See the Changelog for more details.
Please post and discuss all issues related to this release in this forum
We also need help with Translations
Any PHP version >= 5.2 (PHP 5.3+ is strongly recommended)
MySQL server 5.0+
Any server supporting the required PHP version (Apache highly recommended)
Your can get this release package from the Sourceforge repository.
There are .zip and .gz archives provided.
Installing XOOPS (new installation)
1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder where it can be accessed by your server
2. Ensure mainfile.php and uploads/ are writable by the web server
3. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories "/xoops_lib" (for XOOPS libraries) and "/xoops_data" (for XOOPS data) out of Document Root, and change the folder names.
4. Make the directory xoops_data/ writable; Create (if not already present) and make the directories xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
5. Access the folder where you installed the htdocs/ files using your web browser to launch the installation wizard
You can also check out the detailed Installation Guide and the Operations Guide
Installing Protector in XOOPS
We also highly recommend the installation of the PROTECTOR module which will bring additional security protection and logging capabilities to your site.
Upgrading from a previous version
Upgrading from 2.5.x to 2.5.4:
1. Get the right update package from the sourceforge file repository
2. Overwrite files in XOOPS directory on your server with the content of /htdocs
* make sure that you copy the content of /xoops_lib to whatever directory you keep it on the server now (it should be your current XOOPS_TRUST_PATH directory), then delete the /xoops_lib directory. There can NOT be two directories with the content of /xoops_lib
3. Update the "System" module from the modules administration interface, as well as "Profile", "PM", and "Protector", as they have new GUI.
4. Clear caches, using the Admin's Maintenance function
Upgrading from previous versions older than 2.5.0:
0. Verify the system requirements, in particular the version of PHP. Backup your XOOPS database and site directory. (There are several ways to do these actions, which are discussed elsewhere.) Turning your site off is optional.
Change the permissions on mainfile.php and /include/license.php to be writable, for example:
File Normal For upgrade
mainfile.php 400 700
/include/license.php 444 777
Get the correct update package from the SourceForge file repository.
1. In the upgrade package folder, move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder, if it's not already there. Remove the install folder from the "htdocs" folder, if it's there. Remove the mainfile.php file from the "htdocs" folder, if it's there.
If you've moved the xoops_data and xoops_lib folders outside your site's root directory, move these folders out of the "htdocs" folder in the upgrade package folder.
2. Delete the /modules/system directory on your current XOOPS site (to get rid of any old unnecessary files).
3. Overwrite the files in the XOOPS directory on your current XOOPS site with the content of "htdocs" folder of the upgrade package. (There are several ways to do this action, which are discussed elsewhere.)
As noted above, if relocated, overwrite the files in your current xoops_data and xoops_lib with the content of those in the upgrade package.
4. If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist):
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;
5. At your site's address (URL), login as administrator. Access
6. Delete the "upgrade" folder from your site's "htdocs" directory.
7. Update (reload) other modules, especially "Profile", "PM", and "Protector," if necessary.
8. Change permissions on the files noted above back to their normal state.
9. Turn your site back on, if you turned it off earlier.
Debug information display level
Since XOOPS 2.3.1 debug information display level is enabled as a temporary solution for 2.3* to show debug information to different level of users: to all users, to members or to admins only.
The configuration can be set in /xoops_data/configs/xoopsconfig.php
As a default, the display level is set for 2 (Admin only).
Files integrity check
The full XOOPS package is released with a script able to check if all the system files have been correctly uploaded to the server. To use it, follow these instructions:
1. Upload the checksum.php and checksum.md5 files located in the XOOPS package root to your XOOPS server folder (putting them next to mainfile.php).
2. Execute checksum.php with your browser
3. If necessary, re-upload the missing or corrupted system files
4. Remove checksum.php and checksum.md5 from your server
This release contains only the "system-related modules". You are invited to browse the XOOPS modules repository to if you need additional functionality. Note: as a new repository is being built, the current repository is not up-to-date, PLEASE VISIT INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS' WEBSITES TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING LATEST VERSION OF MODULES.
How to contribute
Bug report: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41586&atid=430840
Patch and enhancement: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41586&atid=430842
Feature design: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41586&atid=430843
Release announcement: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xoops-announcement
We would like to thank all developers who contributed fixes to this release (ForMuss, Trabis, Mamba, DCrussader, Cesag), and our users who helped us with testing, especially Sabahan.
XOOPS Development Team
November 20, 2011
- quoteConv causing problems with large number of quotes (Roby73/trabis)
- Cache bug. The key's not generated correctly (andrey3761/trabis)
- ID: 3425970 Unknown: Function split() (cesag/trabis)
- ID: 3424295 Undefined index: tplset (cesag/trabis)
- Preferences not using description field correctly, tooltip showing title and description without space (trabis)
- Extra height in admin page when warnings are not displayed (timgno/trabis)
- Files loaded with browse.php (*.js, *.css, etc) are not cached by the browser (trabis)
- ID: 3421180 CBB 4.05 and Xoops 2.5.4 error with Framework (cesag/trabis)
- Remove a call of non existing css file in admin menu
- ID: 3419812 Drag and drop Xoops 2.5.3 bug (cesag/trabis)
- Calendar form element does not work properly (trabis)
- Make sure xoops_data/data is writable during install (trabis)
- ID: 3419332 Logout bug (cesag/trabis)
- ID: 3430112 Java problem in xoops editor (voltan/mamba/trabis)
- dhtml smilie is always inserted in the end (mamba/trabis)
- tinymce using body background color (trabis)
- jquery ui css no loaded correctly on admin side (trabis)
- ID: 3432017 HTML tags not closed (kris_fr/mamba)
- umode has wrong fieldtype, should be a string (trabis)
- Search page gives blank page for anonymous (trabis)
- Search page navigation does not work correctly (trabis)
- changed Edit/Delete text links to icons (mamba)
- database patch check ok if XOOPS_VERSION > 2.4.x (trabis)
- changed Database::getInstance() to XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabaseConnection();
- added check with StopForumSpam against spammers (trabis)
- converted to ModuleAdmin GUI (mamba)
- Fixed bug: Admin can read private messages from other users (Roby73/trabis)
- Update tinymce to version 3.4.6
- Update PhpMailer to version 5.1
- Update jQuery o version 1.7.0
- Update jQuery o version 1.8.16
- Update Core modules (PM, Profile, Protector) to ModuleAdmin GUI (mamba)
- Replacing deprecated Database::getInstance(); calls with XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabaseConnection(); (trabis)
- Logging deprecated methods and files that will be removed on XOOPS 2.6.0 (trabis)
See lang_diff.txt in /docs