sailjapan
Newbb date problems (after upgrade to xoops 2.3)

Hi, my installation of newbb v1.16 (I know, it's old, but I've read so many horror stories about CBB x.x as it wasn't bust I didn't see the need to update)...has started to show weird dates. See this!
Resized Image

Maybe it's time to update. If really necessary, which version of CBB do people generally agree is the most trouble free?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Anonymous
Re: Newbb date problems (after upgrade to xoops 2.3)
  • 2008/10/16 19:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hiya Crip,

I saw this one the other day on here..... have search through the Forums as IIRC the solution is fairly simple. Something to do with language files or encoding, I think. I'll post back if/when I find the answer.

I'm using CBB 3.08 with 2.3.x xoopseditors and Frameworks 1.22 overwritten with 2.3.0 Frameworks. This would be the best for you as it's the latest stable release and the upgrade is as simple as deleting the older modules file, uploading the new module and updating in modules admin.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/16 19:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

Knew I'd seen it before:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&type=&topic_id=66092&forum=8

Somewhere in that thread is the solution (but I can't understand German )

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/16 19:39

• Anonymous

• Since:

Just a thought.... it might be the language file global.php in your language folder

In XOOPS 2.3.x the default characterset is "utf8" - look on lines 202 and 203 of global.php

If you still have the files from your pre-upgrade, check those two lines (round about lines 199-200) and change the "charset" and "langcode" defines in the 2.3.x file to the same settings.

ghia
  • 2008/10/17 7:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Somewhere in that thread is the solution (but I can't understand German )
The solution to the date problem is to replace newbb/include/functions.ini.php with the attachment file from this post.

It is tested for XOOPS V2.0.17, but I assume it is viable for other versions too.

sailjapan

except my version of newbb doesn't have a file named "functions.ini.php". It does have a file named "functions.php".
Any ideas?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan

@john
but I want utf8 as my character set. I sometimes need to include kanji...

ghia
  • 2008/10/17 8:40

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
except my version of newbb doesn't have a file named "functions.ini.php". It does have a file named "functions.php".

Try to locate the function named newbb_formatTimestamp or something like that, because this is where the file provides a correction for.

sailjapan

Excellent!! Thank you very much!

modified:
function newbb_formatTimestamp($time$format=""$timeoffset="")

to
function newbb_formatTimestamp($time$format="c"$timeoffset="")

Heromorph
  • 2009/3/20 19:16

• Heromorph

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/20

I am had the same problem with my site
I am running XOOPS 2.0.17.1 and cbb 1.16
I altered the functions php as above and it sort of fixed my date but now it shows like this..

Resized Image

anyone know how to remove the -7:00 or the T between the date and the time?

Login

Who's Online

256 user(s) are online (174 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 256

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits