dickinsd
When I clone my templates something goes wrong, All templates are doubled as web links and downloads
  • 2005/10/31 15:29

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

I have asked this question once, unfortunately it was one of the posts that were lost in the 2nd of the most recent hacking attacks, so I am not sure if anyone was able to answer before hand.

I have the same problem on 2 XOOPS sites.

Both sites have the XOOPS default template set and a template set I cloned before, I now want to make more changes and require a 3rd template so that I have something to fall back on if things change...

No matter which template I clone, either the XOOPS default or the template set I currently use, the new template set has double the amount of templates that it should have. (Ideally I want to be able to clone my current template set as it has already been modifed, I just want to make further modifications, based on those that already work well for me...)

This effects all but one module (articles 0.17 does not multiply for some reason) and also effects the system templates.

The 2 sites are on different servers and are different XOOPS versions, so not really sure what is going on here.

Oh, and its not just them templates that get doubled, the table that holds the text descriptions for mylinks and the same for mydownloads has each field doubled also.

At the database end, it means the following tables pretty much double in size:

mylinks_text
mydownloads_text
tplsource
tplset
tplfile

(actually one of these template table is fine, only the ones that contain or point to templates are affected)

In admin every single template is doubled, and I can make changes to either - just a bit weird as I have to keep checking to see which template I have changed.

From the users point of view, it looks as though I have added each and every link & download on the site 2 times.

Now, I have tried this 3 times now, and had to clean the mess in the database 3 times, I don't know whats causing the problem, and I don't know how to correct the problem, do you have any ideas?

FYI: 2 sites are effected.
site 1: Windows/IIS/xoops 2.0.9.2
site 2: Linux/Apache/xoops 2.0.13

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

dickinsd
Re: When I clone my templates something goes wrong, All templates are doubled as web links and downl
  • 2005/11/1 11:26

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Any of you XOOPS gurus got any ideas on this at all?

Has anyone else seen it?

Can I provide more info to help someone 'diagnose' the problem?

Dave

dickinsd
Re: When I clone my templates something goes wrong, All templates are doubled as web links and downl
  • 2005/11/3 11:48

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

^ BuMp ^

LazyBadger

"Gurus" are busy in "family-friendly" useless chatting
PM me, I'll to work on a problem
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

dickinsd
things have gone wrong...
  • 2005/11/3 12:55

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Thanks, I have PM'd you.

Also, I thought I would add a picture to this post so that anyone else can see what happens to my templates:

Resized Image

Unfortunately I can't add pictures of the duplicated table content or duplicated mydownloads & myweblinks as I have since corrected everything on the site, and only thought to take the one screen shot.

Unfortunately everytime I clone my templates, either the default template set or the template set I have been working with for the last year, the result is the same.

Dave

EDIT: As you can see the exception to the rule is the Articles module, which for some reason does not get double the number of templates - really not sure what caused this problem...

dickinsd
Re: things have gone wrong...
  • 2005/11/6 20:09

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

An update:

Both sites have now been upgraded to 2.2.3a(final)

So far I haven't tried to clone a template since the update, the mess it makes to my database takes a bit too much time to sort out...
But I accept I need to test if the update has fixed it, so I guess that will be my next action!

Stranger & Stranger:

Looking at my default templates on both sites; there is nothing inside them, if I try to view the template I get this error:

Selected template (ID$iddoes not exist

I went to module admin and updated everything and the templates I did check have reappeared, but it is kind of strange...

I did not give full details of one of the sites the other day, one of the sites (The Linux based one) has 3 working template sets, again the default one gave me the 'Selected template (ID: $id) does not exist' error so I updated all modules, and I can see the templates again.

However the second template set appears to have lost its templates, and updating the modules does not have an effect.

This is getting stranger, and is really starting to get on my nerves now as I am kind of limited in what major changes I can try (template related at least).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Dave

dickinsd
Re: things have gone wrong...
  • 2005/11/6 20:25

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

unfortunately updating XOOPS has not helped, you can see from this extract that some templates have been duplicated in the process of cloning the default template (I have removed the other one from the Windows site, therefore the default template set is my only template set)

Copying template files...

Template system_block_user.html copiedID1111

[b]Template system_block_user.html copiedID1112[/b]

Template system_admin_block.html copiedID1113
  Template system_plain
.html copiedID1114
  Template system_notification_list
.html copiedID1115
  Template system_notification_select
.html copiedID1116
  Template system_error
.html copiedID1117
  Template system_dummy
.html copiedID1118
  Template system_siteclosed
.html copiedID1119
  Template system_comments_nest
.html copiedID1120
  Template system_comments_thread
.html copiedID1121
  Template system_comments_flat
.html copiedID1122
  Template system_comment
.html copiedID1123
  Template system_redirect
.html copiedID1124
  Template system_rss
.html copiedID1125
  Template system_userform
.html copiedID1126
  Template system_userinfo
.html copiedID1127
  Template system_imagemanager2
.html copiedID1128
  Template system_imagemanager
.html copiedID1129
  Template system_block_login
.html copiedID1130
  Template system_block_login
.html copiedID1131
  Template contact_contactusform
.html copiedID1132
  Template system_block_search
.html copiedID1133

[b]Template system_block_search.html copiedID1134[/b]

Template system_block_waiting.html copiedID1135

Obviously that goes on for ever, the above is just an extract.

Unfortunately my example above doesn't show many duplicates, there were many more, I just happened to pick the above by chance...

Also, this time round, it seems like only blocks have been duplicated, please see my screen dumps in following post.

Also the weblinks and downloads do not appear to have been duplicated this time round, so I guess the XOOPS update has done something for me, just not quite there yet...

Any ideas at all?

Dave

dickinsd
more images for you guys to get idea of my problem...
  • 2005/11/6 20:40

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Sorry to make another post so soon, this one is just for extra images, hoping they may help someone see what the problem is.

Resized Image
This image shows that only some of the templates were dulpicated this time round

Resized Image
This image is just to give you guys an example of the cloned templates, I took this image from a screen dump I took just after I cloned my template.

Dave

ps: just in case your wondering, the screen dumps in this post are not from the same site as the image I included in an earlier post, just in case your wondering...

dickinsd
[solved] Problem with templates seems to be solved
  • 2005/11/15 15:39

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Problem solved, think I might have gone the long way round, but seems to be solved anyway

I posted the full details here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43388&start=0#forumpost191083

[b]1[/bClear the duplicate text fields from you database to get rid of the duplicate weblinks.
[
b]2[/bBackup your database
[b]3[/bbackup a copy of your complete website
[b]4[/bcreate a new directory or sub-domain
[b]5[/bGet a full install version of xoopsI used [url=https://xoops.org/modules/core/singlefile.php?cid=7&lid=121]Xoops 2.2.3[/url] [b]NOT the update version[/b]
[b]6[/bExtract the HTML folder from the XOOPS file you just downloaded
[b]7[/bFrom the backup of your sitetake your all themes and all modules and place them in their respective folders in the XOOPS html folder from the previous step. (themes are not so importantto be honest)
[
b]8[/bUpload the entire contents of the HTML directory to the directory created in step [b]4[/b] (Will take a long time if you have a lot of modules)
[
b]9[/bOpen the browser to your directory or sub-domain created in step [b]4[/b
[
b]10[/bThis will give you the chance to install a fresh copy of xoopsWork your way through the installation.
[
b]MAKE SURE[/bthat you choose a different database prefix to that of your current site.
[
b]11[/b] As part of the installation of XOOPS 2.2.x you are given the option to install any modules in the modules directory at the time of installing XOOPS on your site Select all modules and install them.(not sure if that is available with the older version of xoops, if not you will need to go to modules admin and install each module you use on your current site in turn

You will then be told installation is complete, and remember to change the permissions for mainfile.php back to 444 and remove the install directory from your XOOPS installation.

[
b]12[/bJust incase this did not work as I had wanted I took this option to create a clone of the default template set.
[
b]13[/bNow go to your database with something like myphpadmin and backup the following tables seperately:
1_tplfile
1_tplset
1_tplsource
2_tplfile
2_tplset
2_tplsource
[i]Where 1_ is the db prefix for your current working site and 2_ is the db prefix for the new site you have just created[/i]

[
b]14[/bThe details of the sql file will include the db prefix as wellyou need to open the following files:
2_tplfile
2_tplset
2_tplsource
And replace all reference from 2_ to 1_ and save as:
1_tplfile
1_tplset
1_tplsource
But in a different location than the location you saved backups from the database
that way you have the originals to fall back on if you need them.

[
b]15[/bBack in to myphpadmin and you want to drop the following tables:
1_tplfile
1_tplset
1_tplsource
Drop one at a time
after the table is dropped you should see a box which will say something like import file with a button called browse next to itclick on this and upload your new versions of the respective files.

Dave

EDIT: The main reason I uploaded to a subdir was that I was initially thinking about just importing the content from the modules I use then remove the original installation and move the new installatio to the root of my site, therefore I may have gone about it the long way because I was thinking about a different end result when I started out, however just getting a fresh copy of the templates seems to have been good enough to correct the template and duplicate weblinks on my site.

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits