xoops forums

yurtlar

Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/1/4 22:50
yurtlar
yurtlar (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2003/12/24

How can i add a custom block UNDER NEWS?

My openning page is news page and i want to create a new block under news but i couldn't
how can i do it?
i have already had blocks above news.

Mithrandir

XOOPS is my life!
Posted on: 2004/1/4 23:09
Mithrandir
Mithrandir (Show more)
XOOPS is my life!
Since: 2003/6/21

Re: How can i add a custom block UNDER NEWS?

The position of blocks relative to each others is set in the theme/[themename]/theme.html

In that file, you can move the center-center block below the main contents, but unfortunately it will move ALL center-center blocks below main contents.

I'd really like a center-top and center-bottom setting instead of just center-center - but that's a core thing

yurtlar

Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/1/4 23:14
yurtlar
yurtlar (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2003/12/24

as a result i cant have a block at the bottom :)

Bazus

Not too shy to talk
Posted on: 2004/1/5 3:13
Bazus
Bazus (Show more)
Not too shy to talk
Since: 2002/9/23

there is a way to do it, but it will be a permanet and will show in all pages.

the way I did it was editing the theme.html page and placing the block after the last code for central code

(<{/if}>
<{$xoops_contents}>)

what ever you placed after this code will show in all pages because is coded into the theme.html.

stefan88

Community Support Member
Posted on: 2004/9/25 16:21
stefan88
stefan88 (Show more)
Community Support Member
Since: 2004/9/20

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
The position of blocks relative to each others is set in the theme/[themename]/theme.html

In that file, you can move the center-center block below the main contents, but unfortunately it will move ALL center-center blocks below main contents.

I'd really like a center-top and center-bottom setting instead of just center-center - but that's a core thing

I was thinking about center-top and center-bottom for my site too. So far the only idea I have is a custom theme with rightcolumn put as center-bottom as I don't use right column. Is there somebody doing this, is it possible, any other ideas?