Andrwski
Can't Stay Logged In
  • 2004/1/1 17:34

• Andrwski

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/17

Hey..I'm having a problem on my site, it's worked before but now whenever I try to login it says "Thanks for logging in" but when the page reloads I'm still logged out, I've tried it several times and I can't log in. Anyone know what the problem might be?

jarvis
Re: Can't Stay Logged In
  • 2004/1/1 18:23

• jarvis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/14

mine too!

http://www.brightonized.net/bh/html

HELP!!!

please

Herko
  • 2004/1/1 19:09

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Make sure your sites are added to the trusted sites list of the firewall software you are most likely running. At least make sure that the firewall accepts HTTP Header information form your sites, or XOOPS can't write the cookies needed for loggin in properly.

Herko

Andrwski
  • 2004/1/1 21:50

• Andrwski

• Just popping in

Tried it with and without zonealarm enabled, also in mozilla. Doesn't work either way...besides, I can log in to this XOOPS site just fine.

Andrwski
  • 2004/1/2 5:02

• Andrwski

• Just popping in

*bump* Sorry, does anyone have any suggestions at all?

CBlue

Have you tried contacting your webhost's support? If it was fine before and you haven't done anything new with your site, then it could be something that your webhost did to your server.

philroy
  • 2004/1/3 8:17

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

I've got a slightly similar problem. I don't have any login box visible on the site (www.pnins.school.nz) but instead admin users add "/user.php to the URL to log in. I've discovered that I can login and it takes me to the main page, but admin menus that should appear just for me don't....and I find I have to login twice.

I've tested it on multiple browsers and it's the same every time, so it's not the browser caching anything.

Anyway, I really stuffed up my first install, so I resorted to using the hosting companies cpanel and Fantastico installer facility. But, I've just been doing some searching in these forums and found this comment....

Quote:
Stewdio
Re: HELP REQUIRED!!
If your using Cpanel on your server and used Fantastico to create your XOOPS installation, I have found that you may need to attempt to login twice for some reason. If your installation doesn't fit into what I describe above, then disregard this message. If it does, then try installing it manualy without Cpanel or Fantastico. This fixed it for me

I'm going to contact Stewdio and point him to this thread, and ask if he could offer any more info. I really can't go through and do an install again, so I wonder if there is any other solution?

Cheers,

Phil

Bazus
  • 2004/1/3 13:07

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/23

I have a similar problem discribed here, but it happens only in one of the 2 computers I'm using at home. in one the logged user keeps logged in but on the other computer any user that logs in get bumped out (loged out) in a refresh or moving to another page.

the cookies in the 'IE internet options-->privacy-->advanced' window is set for: 'allways allow session cookies'

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/10 6:41

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Phil, the only way to break this double login with Cpanel, is don't use Fantasico, for anything, period. I have 3 XOOPS insatllations running on my site, and I have found that instlling it yourself is the only way to go. Sure Fantastico saves you 5 minutes of install time, but it's really not worth the hassle it creates afterwards.

This goes for anyone with Cpanel and Fantastico. Cpanel is a great tool for maintenence and such, but Fantastico really isn't all the great for advanced users because of permissions issues that can not be changed. At least thats my own observations.

Cheers

philroy
  • 2004/1/10 8:55

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Actually I started another thread on this specifcally and during the course of the thread, I solved the problem...

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15481&forum=20

Phil

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits