Change the title for USERNAME
  • 2012/8/7 12:28

• Dlow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/8/7 1

I have installed Xoops 2.5.5 and have started playing around with it,
I am trying to build a site for me and the people i play games with on the ps3
I like all the features in Xopps so far,

But i would like to change the title of USERNAME to GAMER-NAME so when people join they know to use the name they use to play games,

I have not looked at any othe core files because i was afraid i would crash the setup , and i hate to ask but if anyone knows how i can do this or what file(s) i need to change, please consider i am not a programmer but any help would be GREAT

zyspec
Re: Change the title for USERNAME
  • 2012/8/7 13:21

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

The place(s) you want to change are in the language files (./language/{yourlanguage} folder). There's a file called user.php that you can edit using a text editor like Notepad++, notepad(if you're desperate ).

The main place to change is around line 28 (in XOOPS 2.5.4 or 2.5.5) is:
define('_US_NICKNAME''Username');

Just change it to something like:
define('_US_NICKNAME''Gamer-name');

There's a few more places further down in the user.php file where error messages are displayed that include the term 'Username' - you might want to change those too so if a user doesn't enter a correct name, etc. they'll get 'consistent' terminology...

After you edit the file just copy it back to your XOOPS server (in the same folder) and it should take effect. Note that if you have caching enabled it may take a while for the cache to clear before you'll see the effect of the change. You can 'force' it to change immediately by updating the system module in the Admin control panel.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits