panwac
WF-Links 1.09?
  • 2012/5/22 15:28

• panwac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/12

Some time ago I found two informations written by wishcraft about changes in WF-Links 1.06:

1. News about it
2. Forum topic

McDonald, the author of this module wrote, that in 2008 sbd created ver. 1.07, so it should be better to continue that; ailtonlopes sent a link to the ver. 1.08: diaadia-plugins.googlecode.com/files/wflinks.zip . The last information from wishcraft was:

Quote:
Actually eventually I will remove all the SQL Injections from this version and make it use the persistence class modeler, so it is true blue room. I have no intention to look at the two branches you have both spoke of, as you can see with this one where people have to put a link on their site for backlinking referencing and spam control will be all the changes made in this old module.

My question is, which version of WF-Links module is the last, working with xoops 2.5.x?

I'm asking, because this is very good module by McDonald, with a structure looks like in Xoopstube, in last time updated by Mamba to 1.05 beta. Maybe it will be good to have this module fully compatibile with last ver. of XOOPS?

DCrussader
Re: WF-Links 1.09?

WF-Links by McDonald 1.07 works fine on 2.5.5 RC of XOOPS.
There was some minor problems with UTF-8 in past, but didn't saw them in this version (1.07).
May The Source Be With You!

Shine
  • 2012/6/23 11:19

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Concerning WF Links:

Wishcraft took version 1.06. Made changes and named it WF Links version 1.06. It is totally unclear which WF Links 1.06 he took for his enhancements. (Catzwolf’s/J. Neil?)
I asked Wishcraft:
Quote:

Is this a redeveloped version of the original WF Links 1.06 version of McDonald?
He answered: no it has different features like SEO Refereer codes for people to put a link on your links for those people.
See:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=74459&forum=66&post_id=342530#forumpost342530

Because Mc Donalds address features is lacking, seems to me that Wishcraft took Catzwollf’s Wf Links module. (?)

If we take a look at McDonalds WF Links: as of version 1.05 RC-1 he added address features. See his changelog:http://code.google.com/p/mcdonaldsstore/wiki/WFLinks
McDonald took this module up (after Catzwolf stopped as far as I know) and developed/bug fixed it further more for quit some time.
After version Wf Links 1.07 Final, Mc Donald stopped developing this module for Xoops. So this is the last official WF Links version for Xoops.

Somebody (ailtonlopes ?) gave Mc Donalds last WF Links 1.07 Final version another numbering : Wf Links 1.08 Final. (https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6134)
For me (and other) it is totally unclear why. Within this 1.08 version you see a bugfixlist history. The last changes are dated 14.12.2008 1.07 Final. So why give it another versionnumber if no official changes have been made. And if there are, haven’t been put within the bugfixlist! And if there aren’t, why renumber it to 1.08 and zip it up? If I take a look at ailtonlopes website and his wflinks I don’t see anything differ from version 1.07Final.
http://ailton.pro.br/modules/wflinks/singlelink.php?cid=1&lid=18

I took a brief look at the source of Wf Links 1.08 presented by brazilian ailtonlopes. The change which was made was adding a language string:
define'_MD_WFL_DEVELOPERFORHIRE''Developers For Hire' );
and a bit personal template change. (file wflinks_singlelink.html)
It is possible that this is what he/she needed for personal use. To prevend mistakes considering versionnumbers and personal adjustments and upload, he gave his own personal WF Links another version number. Somehow this version start began to live a life. With the impression is as if this WF Links 1.08 was/is the latest WF Links version.

So, no there are 3 versions:
Wishcraft: Wf Links 1.06
Ailtonlopes: Wf Links 1.08 Final
McDonalds: Wf Links 1.07 Final

Confusion considering the module WF Links and versioning is overall complete.
As far as I know, Mc Donalds Wf Links is mostly used and is the official latest Wf Links.

Considering Wishcraft’s Wf Links and version (1.06) and further development: It is clear that if you use this moduel, some great features are lacking and will stay lacking. Read his answer:
Quote:
I have no intention to look at the two branches you have both spoke of, as you can see with this one where people have to put a link on their site for backlinking referencing and spam control will be all the changes made in this old module.
Link:https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6134

If you ask me, this WF Links should be renamed and launched with another module name.

Considering the brazilian Ailtonlopes Wf Links version (1.08): This version should have never been released with this version number. Because actually this version was meant for personal use.
So skip this one and make sure it doesn’t end up as if it is an official release. Version 1.08 shouldn’t and doens’t official excist!

Considering Mc Donalds Wf Links version (1.07 Final) this is the official latest release of this module. This module should be within ‘the blue move’. It is a very fine Link module and can be used for multiple ways, because of the very fine addresses feature. Which by the way can be deactived within the settings of the module.
FYI: After the release of version 1.07 Final, 2 bugs popped up. These bugs have never been official fixed within Wf Links 1.07 Final.
Post subjectWF-Links 1.07 typo found   
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Found a small typo in WF-Links 1.07 that causes new links not to be displayed correctly on the Index Page
To fix this open the file ../templates/wflinks_index.html and find this line
Code: <{include file="db:wflinks_linkload.html" link=$link[i]}> 
Replace the above line with the following
Code: <{include file="db:wflinks_linkload.html" wfllink=$link[i]}> 
Save the fileupload it to your server and update WF-Links from the Module Administration.

Post subjectBug in include/notifications.php   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When notifications are enabled an error might occur
Fix 
Open the file 
include/notifications.inc and replace this line
Code$mydirname basenamedirname__FILE__ ) ); 
with this line
Code$mydirname basenamedirname(  dirname__FILE__ ) ) ); 
================================

These above mentioned bugs, I fixed myself. I am running Mc Donalds Wf Links (fixed) 1.07 Final and it runs just fine. There are still some warnings, but I am no developer to be able to solve these. As far as I can say, these warnings have no effect on funtioning of the module. For this perhaps developers can shed a light on it.
If you feel like it, I can send you the Wf Links 1.07Final version (including the above 2 fixes). Just let me know.

Warnings I get: (xoops 2.5.5, WF Links 1.07 Final)
NoticeUndefined indexextensions in bestand /class/module.textsanitizer.php regel 622 
Waarschuwing
array_filter() [function.array-filter]: The first argument should be an array in bestand /class/module.textsanitizer.php regel 622 
Notice
Undefined indexextensions in bestand /class/module.textsanitizer.php regel 622 
Waarschuwing
array_filter() [function.array-filter]: The first argument should be an array in bestand /class/module.textsanitizer.php regel 622 
Notice
Undefined indexextensions in bestand /class/module.textsanitizer.php regel 622 
Waarschuwing

Grtz., Shine

EDIT:
OK,. .did some enhancements. (see bugfixlist) and zipped it up. Kept the versioning 1.07 Final because fixes aren't that big.
You can download revisited WF Link 1.07 Final (Mc Donalds)

EDIT2:
Download link removed as Mamba allready updated the module with the new Admin Gui, see post below.

Mamba
  • 2012/6/23 18:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Thanks, Shine!

I've updated the XOOPS SVN with your version:

http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/wflink/trunk/

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
WF-Links 1.08 (converted to XOOPS 2.5.x GUI) available for Testing on XOOPS 2.5.5
  • 2012/6/23 20:47

• Mamba

Shine, I have converted your version to XOOPS 2.5.x Admin GUI, and placed it in the XOOPS SVN

This was a quick conversion, and there are still couple of error messages that needs to be fixed, but it should work OK. Please test it and let me know what you think.

Download: from here
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Shine
  • 2012/6/23 20:51

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

@Mamba

Thanks!
Will test it!

BTW: downloadfile is named: xoops-trunk.tar
It would be better to call it wflink107Final-gui.tar (something like that. So no mistakes can be made in future.

Since you converted it to blue move/gui, could you please deactivate my donwloadlink within my previous reaction. Just to prevend further downloads.
I cannot edit it anymore. Thanks.

Mamba
  • 2012/6/23 21:15

• Mamba

Quote:
It would be better to call it wflink107Final-gui.tar (something like that. So no mistakes can be made in future.

It's just a link to an automated download from SVN

I'll place a regular zip file tomorrow in our File Repository.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
WF-Links 1.09 Ready for testing on XOOPS 2.5.5
  • 2012/6/24 5:23

• Mamba

OK, the file is now uploaded to XOOPS file repository.

In order to avoid any confusions with previous versions, I have bumped the version to 1.09

Download: from here
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Shine
  • 2012/6/24 6:50

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

Admin section:

missing image:
Frameworks/moduleclasses/icons/16/folder_add.png

Startpage counters don't work in other language than english. (Module Admin Summary)
What need to be done to fix this for other languages than english?

admin/index.php
Line prox 56
if ($totalnewlinks 0) {

$indexAdmin->addInfoBoxLine(

_AM_WFL_MINDEX_LINKSUMMARY"<infolabel>" '<a href="newvideos.php">' _AM_WFL_SNEWFILESVAL '</a><b>'

"</infolabel>"$totalnewlinks'Red'

);

The url newvideos.php should be (as far as I know/think) : newlinks.php

Prox line 78
if ($totalbrokenlinks 0) {

$indexAdmin->addInfoBoxLine(

_AM_WFL_MINDEX_LINKSUMMARY,

"<infolabel>" '<a href="brokenvideo.php">' _AM_WFL_SBROKENSUBMIT '</a><b>' "</infolabel><infotext>",

$totalbrokenlinks "</infotext>"'Red'

);

The url brokenvideo.php should be (as far as I know/think) : brokenlink.php

There isn't a file called newvideos.php or brokenvideos.php within wflinks.
Looks as if conversion was done with files from another module. (xtube ?)
Which result in xtube parts within converted module(s).
Am I right?

Mamba
  • 2012/6/24 9:44

• Mamba

Quote:
Am I right?

Yes, 100%

All the reported by you errors have been now fixed in SVN, and the zip file in XOOPS File Repository has been also updated.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits