Mamba
Group Manager 1.02 RC Ready for Testing on XOOPS 2.5.5 RC
  • 2012/4/3 7:28

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Group Manager is a simple module to manage XOOPS Groups, developed by Kaotik. It allows you to easily add or remove users from groups. It also allows you to set which group can change each others users, through XOOPS permissions.

It has been now updated to XOOPS 2.5.x Admin GUI and tested on XOOPS 2.5.5 and PHP 5.3.10

Download: XOOPS SVN

Requirements:
- XOOPS 2.5.x
- ModuleAdmin
- PHP 5.2+
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

DCrussader
Re: Group Manager 1.02 RC Ready for Testing on XOOPS 2.5.5 RC

blocks.php and main.php are empty, why they're not removed ?
May The Source Be With You!

Mamba
  • 2012/4/3 8:20

• Mamba

They were part of a "template folder" for translations. They are gone now.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2012/4/3 8:31

• Mamba

Strange behavior with Group Manager - it takes over other modules' "Home" and "About" Tabs.

For example, I am inside the Avaman module's "About Tab":

http://localhost/xtest255b2pack/modules/avaman/admin/about.php

but instead showing me the About Tab of Avaman, XOOPS shows me the About Tab of Group Manager. The same is for the "Home" Tab.

Did anybody see anything similar to this?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

DCrussader

Session problems probably, but Avaman language files are broken - not acceptable by Transifex, also there are missing constant

Groups management module shows properly the About button, but not and avaman
Avaman displays _AM_MODULEADMIN_ABOUT

Quote:

Strange behavior with Group Manager - it takes over other modules' "Home" and "About" Tabs.

Yeah, I'm currently in Waiting Ext. 0.96 Beta About page, but it shows group manager in browser tab. Also this module add some conflicts with RMCommon Utilities

redheadedrod

When i looked at Group manager before it was very limited. I spoke with the developer about it and the module was actually a quick hack from another module. It worked pretty well as it was but if you modify much with it then it may act weird because of where it originated. Look for this to be included in the hack I will be creating after I get the new install script in a testable form.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

DCrussader

Shine
  • 2012/6/18 22:48

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:
When i looked at Group manager before it was very limited. I spoke with the developer about it and the module was actually a quick hack from another module. It worked pretty well as it was but if you modify much with it then it may act weird because of where it originated. Look for this to be included in the hack I will be creating after I get the new install script in a testable form.

Since I use this (easy to use and very funtional) module group manager, I am curious what the status is of this project you took on. @ redheadedrod

redheadedrod

At this time I have too many projects to work on this. I will eventually come back to this but it will likely be intended as an enhancement to the current permission system in the core as opposed to any further development to this module.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits