vmax2extreme
Setting login landing page?

I have my preferred login page set to none and it always faulted to the home page. Now a days it goes to forums or user profile for no reason. Is there a way to force the home main landing page for all my users when they log in?

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous
Re: Setting login landing page?
  • 2012/3/18 15:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

This TS-My Startup Page module will be your friend.

More info can be found here

vmax2extreme

I dont want to make a specific module be the landing page. If I wanted that, the general preferences have a selection for that. With my site, the theme has a home tab which brings them to the main page. I just want that main page to be where my users are first brought to upon login. Every time I log in I go to forums or user profile randomly. I would think the home page would be the landing page ofter login.

Anonymous
  • 2012/3/18 17:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

The option in general preferences has nothing to do with login, but is to tell xoops what module is shown on the index page. After login users are brought back to the page where they used the login block.

vmax2extreme

so this app can set the main landing page default to the home page for every time a user logs in no matter where they left off?

vmax2extreme

What is the main page called that is the root of the website once logged in? Its not a module like forum, content manager, events, etc? This is why I seem a bit confused. Someone please enlighten me on this.

Thanks!

Anonymous
  • 2012/3/19 14:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

Just a question... Why do you want you users to go to the index after login? On xoops.org for instance most users do login after reading a forumpost they want to reply to. They login and automatically come back on the right page. Why annoy them by redirecting them to a place they don't want to be? People do not login to see your frontpage

vmax2extreme

We have a front anonymous page, but one users login they get a main (Home) page that discloses more information within. I want this post login page as the users landing page after they login. All of my sites users do login being we are a closed community with our site internal.

Does this make sense to you?

Anonymous
  • 2012/3/20 10:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

You could considers making a custom made landingpage with this Dummy module.

It is an "empty" module which can be used for placing blocks, but you can also put html or other script in it. I once have build an extranet with "hidden" pages and used this module a lot. This Dummy is easy to clone and you can name the module what you like (please read the readme, as you have to edit a little)

Mamba
  • 2012/3/20 10:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I want this post login page as the users landing page after they login.

You can also create a block with the required content, and then set it for:

- Top page
- Registered users

This should solve your issue.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits