dkile
Spiders and Xortify
  • 2011/3/23 11:05

• dkile

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/19

Hello,

My site is currently running XOOPS 2.5, X-Forum 5.7.5, Profile 1.6, Xortify 2.3 & spiders 2.66.

I have had a couple users sharing that they have access problems to the site from different computers and these issues seem to be centered around Charlotte 0.9 as a user already logged in when they try to access the site.

Below is an example of an issue.

Quote:
I tried the library computer again. This time I was able to access the site. But I found that I could not log in because a user was already logged in. I checked view account and it said Charlotte 0.9 robot@xortify.com. And when I viewed a thread, it showed Charlotte 0.9 as viewing the thread. The OT forum was not visible. I hit "Logout" but it did not logout this user. The library computer runs "Userful Desktop" which I believe is some sort of open source operating system. Not that I know anything about such stuff. But the site is working fine on my Mac at home.

Another user shared a similar problem.

Quote:
Troutbert's problem sounds a lot like the problem I have with the chrome or firefox browsers under linux. I get either a "Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception" with a screen full of HTML-ish stuff, or I am logged in as another user (Charlotte0.9) with no permissions and can not logout.

Not sure if these are configuration issues, bugs or internet voodoo?

Thanks,

Dave

wishcraft
Re: Spiders and Xortify

hey David,

Increase the match percentiles, the top one in the spiders preferences to higher than it is now. This takes a little tweeking, but there is also no harm in removing any spider you don't want to track.

Most common ones are google, msn & yahoo, the rest are more there for symantics.

the one to increase to around 53% remember this is an average percentile so there is no such thing as 100% tappers of around 80% to no where.

change this setting so it is higher:

Quote:

User Agent Match Percentile

For increased security you and specify the percentile needed for match of a User agent of a spider.

The other thing to do is to put the resevered word 'Unix' and 'Linux' in this setting

Quote:

Protected Keywords from Useragents

These phrases cannot be a component used in authentication with the site (Seperate with a |)

The other thing you can do is change the protocol that is being used, cURL Protocol is good as it doesn't throw exceptions all the time unlike PHP SOAP which has always been a flaw i think in it design that you can't trap when there is an exception occasionally with it. This will solve Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception if it occurs.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

dkile
Re: Spiders and Xortify
  • 2011/3/24 2:58

• dkile

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/19

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the help. I will try this and give it a go.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits