dkile
Hide users online X-Forum
  • 2011/3/15 17:23

• dkile

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/19

Hello,

I have been working on this on my own and I have hit a wall.

I would like a group of users (those users in Spiders module) not to be seen in the Whos Online while they are logged in. All my users think they are bots.

My site is currently running XOOPS 2.5.1, X-Forum 5.7.5, Profile 1.6 & spiders 2.66.

Thanks,

dkile

wishcraft
Re: Hide users online X-Forum

Whats up david? I don't quiet follow, you can turn off the Users Online in X-Forum in the preferences, or better still just delete that section out of the template for xforum.
Resized Image
http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

dkile
  • 2011/3/16 11:41

• dkile

• Just popping in

Hi Wishcraft,

I want to the feature of Users Online working, I just don't want to have certain users or group be seen when they are on the forum.

Is there are way to keep certain users hidden while on the forum?

If a robot checks in to xortify and then starts crawling the forum they show up in the list of Whos Online. I want them to do so just not bee seen by other users.

Thanks,

Dave

wishcraft

Hey david,

You could always add a whos online block to the site, that whos online is designed for the forum only. I would have to add a feature to XForum to the preferences to show or not show certain groups.

There is a standard system block for 'whos online' which will display all users that are just online. That block is working fine as it is at the moment display who is online on the forum.

Next time i am in the xforum code I will add this feature for you.. That is being able to specify which user groups are displayed in whos online on the forum.

btw if you don't need me to log in for awhile can you remove me from the webmaster group, i am recieving all your signup notices and as I can see you are a busy site.

Simon
Resized Image
http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

dkile
  • 2011/3/16 20:36

• dkile

• Just popping in

Hi Simon,

Yes the current functionality of Whos Online is working fine.

That would be great if that new feature of hiding groups online would be added. My users don't really understand those crawlers.

Thanks for all your help and and did change your status on the site. Sorry for all the registration notices.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

430 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 430

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits