mariane
problem with xhelp 0.79
  • 2011/3/3 18:41

• mariane

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/1/11

hello xoopsers,
I'm using xhelp 0.79 in a website, I added successfully the captcha as was mentioned here (http://www.bluesunray.com/2010/07/06/add-captcha-to-xoops-xhelp-module/) , and everything was well, I allowed anonymous users to post a question, but I discovered few hours after testing it, that when I try to get the link modules/xhelp/anon_addTicket.php , I'm redirected to the error page asking me to be a registred user in order to write a msg, in the module preferences , I'm sure that I allowed visitors to use it.
I dont know if it's a bug or what,is there any solution?

I am using xoops 2.4.5 arabic version
I have php 5.2

thanks in advance
the road of success is always under construction

wishcraft
Re: problem with xhelp 0.79

Hey mariane there is a later version of xhelp on my binaries area, I have been meaning to get back to it, but let me know how you go with this download:http://bin.chronolabs.coop/xoops2.4_xhelp_1.15.zip
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

mariane
  • 2011/3/4 16:33

• mariane

• Theme Designer

hello Simon
many thanks for the link, I tried it on my localhost (in english) it works well, also I added the captcha hack, when I upload it to the website (xoops 2.4.5 arabic version) I get the same previous error : Please login to your account to submit a ticket

wishcraft

Quote:

mariane wrote:
hello Simon
many thanks for the link, I tried it on my localhost (in english) it works well, also I added the captcha hack, when I upload it to the website (xoops 2.4.5 arabic version) I get the same previous error : Please login to your account to submit a ticket

HI marianne,

umm on line 40 there is the following code on the anonymous ticket php files

if ($xoopsConfigUser['allow_register'] == 0) {    // Use to doublecheck that anonymous users are allowed to register

header("Location: ".XHELP_BASE_URL."/error.php");    
    exit();
}

This means you have to have the config value 'allow_register' has to be set to True you can if you have problems finding this remove this line and it should fix this issue.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

mariane
  • 2011/3/5 17:51

• mariane

• Theme Designer

excellent solution thanks Simon, the module works well now.

mboyden
  • 2011/9/20 17:00

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Thanks for the updated version Wishcraft! Anyway we can get that uploaded to the X.o modules area?

I had hoped this updated version would fix the problem I was having with version 0.79, but it doesn't. I had just found trabis' version 0.80, but hadn't tried it yet.

The error I'm getting is when I use the basic form and submit a ticket. It "disappears" and isn't viewable anywhere. This is because the ticket is created with a status of 0 (zero). Submitted is a status of 1, and when the module goes to get tickets, it requires them to be non-zero status. I haven't yet figured out how to fix this other than using the Advanced View all the time.

From an enhancement standpoint, my users would like to be able to have the ticket system remember the view(s) for the All Tickets area. At least storing the last used view in a cookie or something like that might be appropriate. As it is, the user must change all the drop downs each time.

Also, why did you drop the various language files from the release? I found English and 2 versions of Spanish in 0.79 and a lot of different languages in the 0.80 release? Which release did you start from for the 1.15 release you linked to?

Thanks again for the updated version.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

mboyden
  • 2011/9/20 20:26

• mboyden

I solved the issue with "disappearing" tickets in Basic View mode for the Log Tickets. All I had to do was edit the xhelp_AddTicket.html template:

Change Lines 253-254:
<td class="head" width="20%">
</
td>

to:
<td class="head" width="20%">
<{if 
$xhelp_logMode eq 1}>
    <
input type="hidden" name="status" id="status" value="1" />
<{/if}>
</
td>

Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

trabis
  • 2011/9/21 0:08

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Could you test my version and see if this bug is present? Thank you.

mboyden
  • 2011/9/21 15:19

• mboyden

Two other errors I'm finding with 1.15:

I can't delete a department. After the confirmation page, I get a blank page.

When I try to reorder my saved-search views in My Profile for the Summary page. If I try to push the 2nd one to the top, I get a blank page. I can work around it by moving the top one down one, but....

I've not yet turned on debugging or tried to otherwise fix.

I've confirmed that both of the 1.15 and 0.80 releases are based on the 0.79 version.

Trabis: I'll try yours out shortly and report back, but I'll have to setup a clean XOOPS install.

FWIW, these are tested/running on XOOPS 2.4.5 release.

sadistiko
  • 2012/1/11 20:49

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/13

Quote:

trabis wrote:
Could you test my version and see if this bug is present? Thank you.

Where can we download your version? And what is it? 0.80?
Croatian Xoops support site:
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits