ePageination
cannot see pictures in xoops

I have came across an issue with Extgallery, Yogurt, and some others that handle photos. The issue is that any photos that are uploaded are not visible. Instead, only a tiny box shows. When clicked, the "loading" layer appears but never brings up the photo. It just shows the circle spinning.

I have gone through the settings for all modules and can not identify the problem. I strongly feel that there is a configuration error in Xoops. Please inform me if there is a solution. I am sure several have gone through this.

thanks in advance.

fdeconiac
Re: cannot see pictures in xoops
  • 2011/1/3 16:22

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

I have the same problem.

I can't see the pictures uploaded, even after trying to rebuild thumbs;

I'm using the last extgallery version 1.0.9

OTHER THING :
I also discover an interesting gallery : PIWIGO
This gallery have a synchronization between FTP folder hierarchy and picture address in db. So in case of problem, we can easily recreate galeries with a synchronisation, and also delete in db pictures deleted in ftp!

Would it be possible to create a module like this?

culex
  • 2011/1/3 17:53

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

I had the same problem. I found that something went wrong with permissions on my webhotel and .httacess file in imagefolders.

Check to see if your upload folder / image folder has a .httacess file. I my case it helped to delete this and images appeared as they should
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Mamba
  • 2011/1/3 19:58

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I also discover an interesting gallery : PIWIGO
This gallery have a synchronization between FTP folder hierarchy and picture address in db. So in case of problem, we can easily recreate galeries with a synchronisation, and also delete in db pictures deleted in ftp!

I love that feature! And I would love extGallery to have it, as right now extGallery dumps all pictures in one directory, and if your database gets corrupted, there is no way to recreate albums.

Quote:

Maybe somebody could port it to XOOPS, the same way as they did with other galleries in the past?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

fdeconiac
can't see extgallery pictures : removing .htaccess ?
  • 2011/1/3 20:52

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

@ Culex : You were right. After removing the .htaccess in "../uploads/"; i can see my pictures on the site and also admin.

Question : i didn't add this .htaccess file, so i think it was there by default. Is there any risk if i remove it ?

@ Mamba : integrate PIWIGO, fully or at least create a bridge between user would be great to manage it using only one user connection.

culex
  • 2011/1/3 23:04

• culex

• Module Developer

Quote:

Maybe it would be possible to have a function to after-check imagename vs category ("sync folders"). Using imagefolder as backup and make copies recursively to album/$category/image.php
Programming is like sex:

culex
  • 2011/1/3 23:26

• culex

• Module Developer

Quote:
Question : i didn't add this .htaccess file, so i think it was there by default. Is there any risk if i remove it ?

It is in the installation folder, and is used because the opload folder has permission 0777. The .htaccess helps to make sure no-one uploads malicious script to your folder and execute.

The problems is that if you use a php file to fetch values from the subfolder it gives you a 403 forbidden error for that picture.

I have sent this to developers, but maybe it should be a ticket. I just figured my webhotel was special in this case
Programming is like sex:

fdeconiac
  • 2011/1/4 6:57

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

<quote>Maybe it would be possible to have a function to after-check imagename vs category ("sync folders"). Using imagefolder as backup and make copies recursively to album/$category/image.php </quote>

Would be nice !

<quote>I have sent this to developers</quote>

Thanks Culex, i will follow this post ;)

ePageination

Hi everyone. Thank you for all the feedback. I went through some of my php scripts including the .htaccess file in "uploads". What I have learned in the past is that the .htaccess is there for protection as it disables execution to any extensions listed in the file. Therefore, not allowing any scripts to be rewritten by either outsiders or modules you install. Depending on your server, a php.ini file inserted in the root of the website fixes most of the problems. Still, there are module specific issues that will not collaborate with the php.ini file and thus the need to manually edit your modules scripts which I DO NOT recommend doing if you are not php savy. Xoops install does not provide a php.ini (not to be confused with "include folder") so you will have to download one by googling "php.ini" or requesting one from your server provider if using a third party. To conclude, I am now able to see some images such as avatar and pics from CatAds module. Thanks everyone, I hope this helps a bit as it did me and good luck.

fdeconiac
  • 2011/1/4 23:13

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

Well, i'm not sure to fully understand, but i'm confident in xoops developper to solve it in further xoops versions :)

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits