oldarmy
Major Trouble
  • 2010/12/25 21:20

• oldarmy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/12/1

As of 3 days ago none of my users including myself can post anything in the user forums and some cannot even logon.

The night before this occured I went in and changed the session timeout from 300 to 1200 and then set the "use custom session" from no to yes. Then after about 4 hours everything went to shi*.

So I went back in and tried to change the use custom session from Yes to No but it will not allow me. I then tried to change the session timeout back to 300 and it will not allow me.

Before I just wipe the whole website can anyone offer any suggestions and/or what might have caused this?

Thank you

wishcraft
Re: Major Trouble

What version of XOOPS are you using - before 2.4 series there was a cookie issues with the session control, there was no dope set for the cookie and this was a common error.

If you are using 2.3 or earlier then it could be quiet likely something like apache or PHP have been u pgraded on your server and there is no dope for the session cookie.

The other likely source of the problem is you are using an unusal domain for the session cookie, check it components are mentioned in xoops_getBaseDomain() in the xoops encoding.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Mamba
  • 2010/12/26 0:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
So I went back in and tried to change the use custom session from Yes to No but it will not allow me. I then tried to change the session timeout back to 300 and it will not allow me.

Did you try to change it in the database with phpMyAdmin?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

The first step when you have issues is to delete all caches (There are three folders in 2.4.x and 2.5) and the session entries in the session table.

You CAN change things from phpMyAdmin if you can't get in and it is really the only way to do it at this time when your system is crapping out.

Then go from there.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

oldarmy
  • 2011/1/4 0:01

• oldarmy

• Just popping in

Sorry for the delay in responding as now I'm having more issues.

1. Version 2.4.5

2. Yes I did try to change it in the DB but (and here is the stupid answer) I could not locate it to change it using phpMyAdmin. I looked in the x6b7_config table.

3. Yes I did see and remove Cache.

4. Yes I did move the xoops_data & lib folders out and modify the main file. ( I know that was not a response but just wanted to make sure you knew I did that also).

Newest issue:
**** No one can post anything now . You can create a new post BUT it will not actually post nor does it show in the DB.

Thoughts?

redheadedrod

when you moved the folders out did you change the mainfile.php to reflect the new paths?

also did you add or subract anything from your site?

Almost sounds like it could be a file permissions issue.

oldarmy
  • 2011/1/4 5:15

• oldarmy

• Just popping in

Yes I did edit the mainfile.php after moving those. Also the issue started before I moved those 2 folders.

I removed a couple of Chat Modules that I didn't like. The group really wants one and I have not found one they like or I can get to work properly.

I was woundering that also but could not figure out what might cause it.

Any idea in what DB Table I can change that use custom session since I cannot get the webpage to change it from the admin section?

ghia
  • 2011/1/4 9:20

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

use_mysession in table config.
Set it to 0.

oldarmy
  • 2011/1/4 16:36

• oldarmy

• Just popping in

Found it and was able to change that. Still having issues.

I removed ALL folders and files and copied that last working backup copy onto the server.

but still not able to post, etc

Could this be a DB issue?

oldarmy
  • 2011/1/4 20:32

• oldarmy

• Just popping in

OKay now I get this error when trying to post in the forums.

Yes I did restore the DB from a Backup

An Error Occured
SELECT t.*, u.name, u.uname,u2.name as last_post_name, u2.uname as last_poster, p.post_time as last_post_time, p.poster_name as last_poster_name, p.icon, p.post_id, p.post_karma, p.require_reply, pt.post_text FROM x6b7_bb_topics t LEFT JOIN x6b7_users u ON u.uid = t.topic_poster LEFT JOIN x6b7_bb_posts p ON p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id LEFT JOIN x6b7_bb_posts_text pt ON pt.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id LEFT JOIN x6b7_users u2 ON u2.uid = p.uid WHERE (p.post_time > 1285533075 OR t.topic_sticky=1) AND t.forum_id = AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 ORDER BY t.topic_sticky DESC, p.post_time DESC
If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits