Housey
banners module No valid ID detected
  • 2010/12/3 14:10

• Housey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/2 1

Hi,

I recently enabled the banners module and added a banner from someone. All worked but then when clicking on the banner it redirects to a page saying "No valid ID detected"

Any ideas why this is happening?

From looking at the constant of that text and banners.php I think it is on about $_GET['bid'] which is in the url so I don't get it. The other banner I have send them to a contact page (for advertisers) and that works so I just don't understand it.

Many thanks for any help!

Housey
Re: banners module No valid ID detected
  • 2010/12/3 14:21

• Housey

• Just popping in

Ok, I managed to fix it...

The click URL wasn't being saved. When I try and save the click url it says "taking you back to where you were". So I went and manually entered it into the db and it works.

There's lots of modules that don't work (polls, links and lots more that I've had to disable...) after I upgraded a while back I fear I might have to change my CMS... such a shame as I like Xoops but it just breaks all the time :(

Housey
  • 2010/12/3 14:28

• Housey

• Just popping in

Oh man... now sometimes when clicking the banner I get "no referrer detected" on a blank page... any ideas?

Cheers for any help...

underdog
  • 2010/12/3 18:42

• underdog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:
after I upgraded a while back I fear I might have to change my CMS...

Don't change your CMS for those reasons. Try to find the problem and fixing it is more fun.
Tell which version of Xoops you're using at the moment.
Which banner module you enabled (where did you download it) and the same for the broken modules, which URLs etc.

Whenever there's an ID missing try to figure out the debug information (for the moment), so you'll have to enable the debug information in your preferences.

Maybe someone even can give you a hint to try another banners module.

If $_GET['bid'] isn't gotten from the URL maybe something else is wrong. It all depends on the circumstances and the debug information.

ghia
  • 2010/12/3 22:22

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
no referrer detected
Means your browser did not send a referrer URL. This is possible by some plugin that enhance privacy by eliminating it. If this is the case disable plugins.
Or you tried to fill in the link in your browser address bar directly. Always go to a page where a banner is displayed first and then click on it.

Did you install a separate module for the banners or are you using the default banner system in admin?

Which XOOPS, PHP and MySQL version do you have?

Housey
  • 2010/12/4 10:58

• Housey

• Just popping in

Hi Ghia,

Thanks for the reply.

Must be to do with plugins... I have a few installed...

I'm using the standard banner module that comes with Xoops - banners.php

I'm running Xoops 2.4.4 (not sure on the php/MySQL versions, would have to check those...).

Tempted to try 2.50 but worried more modules will break. Currently only forum and gallery enabled!

Housey
  • 2010/12/4 11:06

• Housey

• Just popping in

Hi Underdog,

Thanks, I'm gonna stick with Xoops and I've made a couple of fixes. I'll reply with some more info when I have time.

Thanks for the encouragement and supporting Xoops :)

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits