luthermartin
Directory Path Change Issues with xoops_lib and xoop_data

Server:
MySQL version 5.1.47-community-log
Operating system Linux
PHP version 5.2.14

Desktop:
Vista 32

Problem: After flawlessly installing Xoops 2.4.5, when xoops_data and xoops_lib are removed from the root directory for security reasons, the install fails. I suspect a bad path, but I have never seen any of the issues below, until I installed this version. I cannot secure the installation. Can somone provide me some direction?

The mainfile.php is changed to match the new path, but the database will not initialize and so forth. I removed the last installation and re-installed, but I have not attempted to move xoops-lib and xoops_data changes again. I checked in the other forums, but what is happpening to me does not seem to have happened in earlier versions. These are error produced:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/myfolder/public_html/class/file/folder.php on line
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home1/myfolder/public_html/class/file/folder.php
on line 529
Warning: Cache Engine file is not initialized in /home/myfolder/public_html/class/cache/xoopscache.php on line
Warning: Cache Engine file is not set in /home/myfolder/public_html/class/cache/xoopscache.php on line 137
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.
You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:
Error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile' does not exist, or is not a directory.

ghia
Re: Directory Path Change Issues with xoops_lib and xoop_data
  • 2010/9/27 9:25

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It seems the last install did not modify your mainfile.php as Smarty is still trying to access (the former location?) '/home/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile' (see last error message), probably by the write protect (chmod 444).
(Remember to change permission of mainfile.php for editing and to set the write protect again after editing is done)

Some servers don't allow executing out of web root PHP files or have a special directory for it eg /home/myfolder/temp/ or /home/myfolder/private/
Refer to your hosters' documentation.

(Maybe your path is to deep and it should be better in the myfolder directory as eg /home/myfolder/xoops_data/ )

Try to proceed as follows:
- edit your mainfile to use the paths in the web root
- test the installation for good working
- copy the xoops_data and xoops_lib folder to eg /home/myfolder/
- adapt mainfile to this new paths
- see if it is still working
- yes:
-- erase in web root dirctories of xoops_data and xoops_lib
- no:
-- erase out of web root dirctories of xoops_data and xoops_lib
-- rename in web root directories xoops_data and xoops_lib (to eg x345_xoops_data) and adapt mainfile.php

luthermartin
Re: Directory Path Change Issues with xoops_lib and xoop_data

Ghia,

You were absolutely correct by instructing me to shorten the path.

Before the path would work on this server, the path to the xoops_data and xoops_lib folder were changed so that each folder is in the server root /.

Thank you

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits