Adds
Homepage Text
  • 2010/6/17 20:59

• Adds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/17

Hi all,

Can someone help me at all, how do I add text etc to my sites home page as it's black?

Do I need to download and install something to edit it with?

All your help is appreciated.
Adam.

TDE-Drums
Re: Homepage Text
  • 2010/6/17 21:20

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/14

I can help with that!

I'm a new xoops user, and had to figure that out also.

You need to go to Blocks in Admin...

Create a new Block and set it for Center Block-Center.

You will need to set all of the parameters and fill in the content.

There is a video on YouTube that uses an old version of Xoops, but it is basically the same thing.

I build my page in an HTML editor and paste it in the block and that works great also.

ghia
  • 2010/6/18 4:53

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You can add some blocks to the home page.
Or you can select a module eg News to be the starting page in general preferences.

mboyden
  • 2010/6/18 14:09

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

The concept of any CMS including XOOPS is that your site has functionality but your page is blank until you fill it with bits and pieces of functionality that highlight the content in your various modules of functionality. Think of the home page like the front of an interactive newspaper. It's not all on the home page, rather teasers to get you to visit sections of interactive content. Blocks are the way to display these teasers.

There is also a method to allow you to specify a specific module to be the start page, but I only recommend this on single function sites. Most sites aren't, but I run across them. Even if they were, though, I think XOOPS (and any CMS) is still better off using a block as appropriate.

BTW, there is also now a system block/template for the home page that will show whatever you put in there if it's not blank.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits