trabis
Xoops Censorship
  • 2010/5/28 20:45

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

As I feel freedom of speech is being limited, I would like to request the removal of the following censored words in xoops.org network:
ImpressCMS
impresscms
impresscms.org

If not possible to satisfy this request, please create a petition where unsatisfied users can sign up.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Re: Xoops Censorship
  • 2010/5/28 21:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

Good point Trabis, I totally agree ! This censorship started after a unhappily split-up but time has gone by. Still ignoring the other party makes no sense and will harm xoops as well.

By the way, I notice the censored ????? words are not censored in your post Trabis (?)

trabis
  • 2010/5/28 21:15

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

That is because I'm in admin group. But I wont go ahead and remove it. Hope the ones who decided to add it could revert the change.

Anonymous
  • 2010/5/28 21:18

• Anonymous

• Since:

I agree with you.

wishcraft

Sometimes I wonder.. i got a nice letter from ????? when mamba was on his 6 monthly PMS - wishcraft bashing mood, where i still haven't gotten an apology.

Yeah I think ????? should be removed form the Bad words seemin it is only a self loathing hate campaign which it is well known about and seen that the current management do not do XOOPS any form of service..
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

maxxy
  • 2010/5/29 1:06

• maxxy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/6/11

please mamba

don't give any reason 4 them to continue bash xoops...please remove it from the list...

TQ in advanced

xoops 4ever

Mamba
  • 2010/5/29 1:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Trabis,

this has nothing to do with freedom of speech but with focus on XOOPS and XOOPS community. And ensuring that XOOPS will not be used to promote somebody's else projects, especially when the projects have been created as a competitor to XOOPS.

As our "Terms of Use" state very clearly:
Quote:
Content on XOOPS Project websites should never conflict with the Purpose of promoting and supporting the XOOPS Project and the XOOPS community.

XOOPS reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill the Purpose.

Since we had way too many incidents where the line was crossed (and of which you're very well aware), the Council decided to censor the other project in order to bring back peace and harmony here, and be able to focus on XOOPS. And those who are here long enough appreciate the fact that the last two years have been very productive and peaceful, and nothing like the two years before that.

As we've always stated - we welcome any and all developers who come here to help XOOPS, regardless which other project they are contributing to. After all, this is Open Source, and we should be able to contribute where we want. Our only request - when you're here, respect XOOPS community.

Our job as moderators is to moderate and to ban users or projects that are crossing the lines and violate our rules.

For example, if somebody posts spam, he'll be banned.

If somebody changes his email address and re-register after being banned, and all of the email addresses are coming from a particular URL, this particular URL will be banned.

If one or several people post post again and again messages promoting their project or Website, we will censor that particular name/url, so they see that posting here won't bring them anything, so they walk away and leave as alone.

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech since you do exactly the same on your Website that you manage.

We are committed to work with other projects when we can establish friendly and respectful relationships. We've spend a lot of time inviting back other forks (like EXM or Simple-XOOPS), and we want to continue on this route.

If we see in the future that the situation has improved regarding ICMS, the Council might reevaluate its position on this. But recent events, of which I've made Trabis aware of, don't really justify it at this point.

If anybody wants more details, please feel free to email me and I'll glad to respond in private. Otherwise feel free to read some of the old threads here to learn more about the history.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

dbman
  • 2010/5/29 1:12

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

Quote:
don't give any reason 4 them to continue bash xoops...please remove it from the list...

Most of the folks over at icms don't really bash xoops, in fact they are quite respectful.

Mamba
  • 2010/5/29 1:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

@ Wishcraft,
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder.. i got a nice letter from ????? when mamba was on his 6 monthly PMS - wishcraft bashing mood.

Simon, nobody is on any bashing mood here. We treat you the same as everybody else - with respect. We appreciate your contributions, but we'll point out things that are not correct, because "nobody can be above the law", even if he is a very good programmer as you are.

Quote:
Yeah I think ????? should be removed form the Bad words seemin it is only a self loathing hate campaign which it is well known about and seen that the current management do not do XOOPS any form of service..

Nobody is on a hate campaign, because we don't actively call for any actions reg. ICMS. It's actually the opposite. The only thing what we did was to censor the name due to past violations of our Terms of Use. As we did with others. Again, nobody can be "above the law". Spam is a spam, regardless of what you promote.

I hope, we can move beyond it, and start focusing again on XOOPS.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Quote:

If not possible to satisfy this request, please create a petition where unsatisfied users can sign up.

Well trabis it not really to do with unsatisfied users but I was wondering if you wanted to help me write a spider. I have been tabling the statistic on sourceforge in excel spreadsheets now a I document everything I do for my own internal records for around 12 months now.. but I am sick of the cut and paste.

so I have been working on a way to reclaim the lost statistics on XOOPS with a crawler that tabulates the information provided by sourceforge to table the information and process structures of xoops on SVN, and file releases etc. So eventually after a few months of the bot running it will be able to generate PDF reports on the fly.

I will later make a hirestics system for the forum on xoops, for scanning for patterns and media content so we can have an independant record of forum mechanism. Like measuring posts from ranked individual for code examples and examples of progressive posting, rather than forum spam which people do do.. So we will be able to have a spam rating based on rules.

The module I wanted to release eventually under GUN well the sourceforge component as it will allow other used to run the statistics collecting system on their sourceforge projects as well.

It will include tracking and progressive statistical gathering on the following:

• Spam Score
  • SVN Patterns and Changes
  • release stamping and downloading scoring
  • Reviews
  • All Numerical Tabled Data on Sourceforge
  • All Graphical Representation
  • Much More

I have a domain for ithttp://reclaimxoops.org which is for auto reporting as the level of inaccuracy and reports which are basically meanless with the content in relation to media and reporting on what this is a software project.

The idea is the Bot will automatically generate petitions for people breeching the system rules matrix, like editing certain parts of the SVN etc and will do email notifications etc when people are in areas that are off limits.

There is already a test petition there.. But they will be direct access medium. Then there will be a 3rd party with all the statistic, there is a couple of these for xoops already i have been looking at but it is missing parts of the data and is more for SVN Changes and code differences not business reporting.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits