gord
AMS 3.0 not working
  • 2010/4/29 16:11

• gord

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/4/29

I've installed XOOPS 2.4.4 and no matter what I do I cannot get AMS 3.0 to work. Whenever I go to submit an article I get a blank screen on submit.php. I've checked to make sure XOOPS editor is there, and checked to make sure I have Frameworks installed (the newest version is a broken link so I can't get to it). Can someone help? Thanks

Burning
Re: AMS 3.0 not working
  • 2010/4/29 17:58

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

You should enable Debug mode (system module / General settings / Preferences, choose Inline mode).

Then copy and paste Errors here if any.
Still learning CSS and... english

gord
  • 2010/4/30 1:42

• gord

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/4/29

Hi Burning,
thanks for the reply. I ended up doing a clean install, and AMS was the first module I installed after setting up. It works fine now

Wonderfish1

I am getting blank pages when I try to read an article or create one.

On creating one, it gives me a blank page and debug tells me this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /modules/AMS/class/seo.php on line 19

It gives the same error (and blank page) when I try to read an existing article.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Tim

Wonderfish1

Hmm, not sure if I can expect an answer for this.

I tried to post my question on their site. They ask that you post rather than email, but you have to be registered. But,

Sorry, we are currently closed for new user registrations

No problem, I will email. There is an email form, but it gives you no indication whether it sent or not.

Or, you could PM them - but yeah, you need to be logged on and of course, can't register.

EDIT - yeah I know this is a bit whiny, but there are many sites that offer many modes of communication, none of which work. It is like a call center.

Given that even when the module is working I can't get it to display a list of articles at the main page anyway, can anyone suggest a good article management module?

TIA
Tim

Wonderfish1

I removed AMS, losing all of my old articles, and reinstalled 3.0 and I am still getting a blank page when I try to submit an article. I would really like a fix to this, if at all possible.

I have posted asking for help aboput this - I have tried everything to get AMS 3 working and no luck. I have created topics, they appear in the dropdown, and I just get a blank page whenever I try to submit.

With debug on it gives me this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /modules/AMS/class/seo.php on line 19

Line 19 starts like this:

private function readDb($setting_type) {

$myts =& MyTextSanitizer::getInstance();
$sql = "SELECT settingvalue FROM ".$this->db->prefix('ams_setting')." WHERE settingtype='".$setting_type."'";

$result=$this->db->query($sql,1,0);
$row=$this->db->fetchRow($result);
return $row;

This has been driving me mad - any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

ghia
  • 2010/5/31 14:35

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Probably PHP version too small.

Wonderfish1

OK folks - it looks like AMS 3.0 needs PHP 5.X. I had them migrate my site to a 5.X server and the Post New Article now works.

*whew*

Tim

Wonderfish1
Re: AMS 3.0 Topic list

OK - now I have AMS all working under php5 I just need one more piece of knowledge....

This involves the layout that a user sees initially. All I want is a list of the topics and subtopics, followed by the article titles that are in each.

You can see here what I mean. The last article appears in full, so it is under the "Marine" topic. There is another article under the "Marine fish" subtopic, but you can't see that it is there. Is there a way to get just topics, subtopics and the article titles that are in each?

UPDATE - I just found this, which looks better, but still doesn't use the categories. I am pretty sure that this is the Classic view, with 1 column.

I tried to contact the module authors and still can't due to the same reasons as noted earlier in this thread. I hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Tim

Wonderfish1

I thought that this was a fairly well-used module - does no-one know how to configure the opening screen?

There appear to be some blocks available for most viewed articles etc, but I cannot find any documentation on how to make them work. I think it is part of the article spotlight functionality, but I can't find any doco.

Thanks
Tim

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits