luthermartin
Need to remove a left over database table.

XOOPS Version: 2.4.4
Module Name/Version:
PHP Version:5.2 +
MySQL Version: 5.1.45
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Vista
Theme you are using: XOOPS Default
Custom template: (No)
PHP Debug Messages: None
MySQL Debug Messages: Unable to install rmgallery. Error(s):

Installing RM+Soft GS

Table 'xoops__rmgal_categos' already exists

Back to Module Administration page
Smarty Debug Messages: None
A full description of the issue: See the following.
I removed RM+Gallery 1.1 from my sight and tested other gallery modules, because parts of RM+Soft GS Gallery module seem to be incomplete or just not working. Specifically, the email section of the module did not work and it is lacking icon images that represent the email menu directions.

I properly removed the module using the regular XOOPS Admin menu. However, the removal left the RM+Soft Gallery module's table remaining within my database table. I found this out, when I tried to re-install the module because none of the rest of the Gallery Modules will work with my XOOPs 2.4.4 installation.

How do I flush the table or remove it from my database?
Also, is anyone aware of a gallery module that has been updated to work with XOOPs 2.4.4?

zyspec
Re: Need to remove a left over database table.
  • 2010/4/26 17:07

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

The easiest way to get rid of an unwanted MySQL table is to use PhpMyAdmin or equiv.

Select the database, select the desired table (click checkbox) and 'drop' it (using dropdown box at bottom of table.

You could also just run a SQL Query

DROP TABLE {tablename}

luthermartin

I found a PhpMyAdmin tutorial, read it, and did exactly as you have posted here. Your explanation is concise enough that it should be in the FAQS.Another Newbie will certainly need the information as XOOPS does not seem to flush information from its databases.

zyspec
  • 2010/4/27 17:54

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

XOOPS does 'flush' the tables but unfortunately the module developer has to tell XOOPS which tables to 'flush'. Sounds like the module has a bug in it's xoops_version.php file. If you want to play with the RM+Gallery you could just edit the xoops_version.php file...

1) Find the area in xoops_version.php where the SQL tables are listed. You'll see entries like
$modversion['tables'][0] = "rmgal_{some value}";

2) Add another table (right after the last one listed, increment the number to be one more than the last 'digit' [index] listed)... so it's something like
$modversion['tables'][{n+1}]="rmgal_categos";

where n+1 is one larger than the last index in the list.

Sorry, I don't have a copy of rm+gallery installed or I'd tell you the exact location. If this isn't clear enough just past the $modversion['tables'] section from xoops_version.php here so we can tell you exactly what to put in the file...

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits