vonholdem
Instant zero ecommerce
  • 2010/4/1 3:58

• vonholdem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/4/1 3

Hello all...I'm new to XOOPS so please excuse me. Have taken over where another person has left off.The site is ready to launch but is the instant zero plug-in for e commerce worth it? Does anyone know how to get rid of the vat tax or other varibles listed on the caddy.php page? Any info will help. Thanks

john

ghia
Re: Instant zero ecommerce
  • 2010/4/1 7:40

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Are you talking about the Oledrion module?

vonholdem
  • 2010/4/1 13:30

• vonholdem

• Just popping in

yes I am ...

ghia
  • 2010/4/2 12:43

• ghia

Oledrion is the most extensive shop module for XOOPS.

Aren't there some preferences for the displaying of the VAT?
If not, you probably have to edit the template.

vonholdem
  • 2010/4/3 13:43

• vonholdem

• Just popping in

The only preferences for vat are to change the vat tax?

I looked into modify the code but looks like it pulls the whole table...do i have to reinstall it with those tables/fields disabled?

What about using an on site payment gateway? right now all I can find is instant zero which uses paypal?

ghia
  • 2010/4/4 1:37

• ghia

No code has to be altered, just the html in /templates/blocks/oledrion_block_cart.html

The gateway system makes it easy to extend it to other pay agents then PayPal.

vonholdem
  • 2010/4/5 13:17

• vonholdem

• Just popping in

Thank you for your response. What other payment gateways can I install on this shop other than paypal. For example, I may have a client whom has an established merchant account with his/her bank. So I guess the main question is , How can I set-up a merchant account on oledrion that does not navigate away from the page? and can use a merchant account that is not associated with paypal?

ghia
  • 2010/4/5 22:47

• ghia

For the payment, you get always a while on the pay agents' site. But at the end you will be returned to your site.

For other payment agents, you need to write a plugin. Use the PayPal one as guidance and follow the documentation of the payment agent. Several agents provide also some PHP sources for easy integration.

In general, the plugin is called at the payment step and provides some variables with references and the amount to be payed, togheter with some other parameters. After the payment on the agent site (entering id and eg card data) is completed, a mail is sent to the customer and vendor or some callback function may be called, confirming the payment.

rgauci
  • 2010/4/6 6:30

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

On the same subject who is taking care of Oledrion when there are some issues? I am finding a huge problem to add Attibutes to any product, although it shows in the product page but is stuck at default all the time even if you check other buttons

Any idea?? I think there was a similar question unsolved regarding Attributes and Options for Oledrion

ghia
  • 2010/4/6 7:43

• ghia

The attributes were added in the latest version. However other people had reported problems with it.
Don't know if it is a bug or lack of the required settings and/or configuration or a problem with jquery.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits