TE5LA
Placing Content? (Noob Alert!)
  • 2010/3/28 21:51

• TE5LA

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/28

So I've dived into XOOPS after trying Drupal, Joomla, Dolphin, etc. It looks good so far but I'm having trouble actually getting content on my pages. I'm guessing there is no built-in module for this and one must be added?

I want a simple-to-use module that integrates easily. I'm assuming these can be set up so that any registered member may add content (blogs)?

I would like the ability to add images (hopefully inline with text wrapping ability) or even place videos like from YouTube, etc.

Is this too much to ask?

I've installed the Article Management System (AMS) 3.00 SEO Final, but can't quite figure out how to get anything on the front page.

jcweb
Re: Placing Content? (Noob Alert!)
  • 2010/3/28 22:34

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

AMS Module
I start here, you have some article, so install a block on the homepage from this module to show ex. the last articles. So you have content. So can choose as center block (in the middle) as one block from left to right or you can choose center left or center right block with 50percent of a center block, so you can make two block in one line, one left and one right. A lot of modules work on that way, that you can install a block to show content on every page on your website.

Images
You have the choice, choose the XOOPS internal image manager, here you can create many folders and give rights to the folders which group have access. There exist some picture moduls, ex. eXtGallery, TadGallery etc. here you have some more options with description and and and ...

YouTube Videos or Videos
The DHMTL Editor give you the option to link a YouTube Video, but search on this portal, you will find some video modules. With a little experience you can use another modules (ex. trabis dummy module) and in connection with a flash player (ex. JW Player) you can use your own style and ressource, all you need is now a download module, where user can upload video files to link in a website. Learning by Doing i will say...

Greets

Burning
  • 2010/3/28 22:45

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Some complements

About your home page, you can do what jcweb says (to use blocks to extract module content). You can also make your module (AMS in your case) appears on the top page : you have to choose it in main parameters (system module)

About images, you can install a wysiwyg editor instead of using standard DHTML form. Example

Note : to make image manager works, just make sure fisrt line in class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php is
Quote:
include '../../../../../../../../mainfile.php';

TE5LA
  • 2010/3/30 22:50

• TE5LA

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/28

thanks

wishcraft

Hi TE5LA,

I assume that is your designation... I wrote a small YouTube video browser called VJ Mixes, it is easy to install and a blue room application, it has a place for embed code and title comment and still..

I also have a commercial application for content, that will allow your users to deploy content like blogs.. I suggest you also use cumulus tag clouds, tag 2.3 rc (you will have to write some plugins for this) and can I also recommend Xortify for Cloud Security it is a protector addon.

If you are lookin for and example of this type of site look no further than www.female-warriors.com

Thanks

ease be with you

StacyPii
  • 2010/4/15 16:49

• StacyPii

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/4/6 1

I have a picture and words within a block on the "top" page which people can see before they log in.

After they log in, this same content is visible and I do not want it to be.

How do I differentiate between the "top" page people see prior to logging in and the one they see after?

The site is www.analyzertech.org.

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits