jerjoe
Unable to log in following installation
  • 2010/2/13 21:39

• jerjoe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/13

I have installed Xoops, and at the conclusion, am taken to a login page, but am unable to log in. (I have installed XOOPS previously on another machine with no problems...)

The facts:

XOOPS Version: 2.4.4
Module Name/Version: n/a
PHP Version: 5.2.12
MySQL Version: 5.1
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): IIS 7.5
Operating System: WIndows 7 x64
Theme you are using: default
Custom template: (Yes/No) no
PHP Debug Messages: white screen
MySQL Debug Messages: none
Smarty Debug Messages: none
A full description of the issue:

I can run setup to the last step; when it completes, it displays home screen (banner& menu) and asks me to log in.
I log in, get message welcoming me (Thank you for loggin in, xxxx) then returns to same home screen.

Steps:

1. Installed from ZIP file rather than installer
2. Set IIS to run as 32-bit
3. All folders should be writeable (test environment!)
4. Set debug to show all - Debug results:
------------
Errors
Deprecated
Queries
0.000157 - SET NAMES 'utf8'
0.000112 - SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1
0.000264 - SELECT * FROM config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
0.000223 - SELECT sess_data, sess_ip FROM session WHERE sess_id = '351mo3ra60esv8r7d2ah86u647'
0.000374 - SELECT COUNT(*) FROM banner
0.000351 - SELECT * FROM banner LIMIT 1, 1
0.000322 - UPDATE banner SET impmade = impmade+1 WHERE bid = 2
0.000175 - SELECT * FROM config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '3') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
0.000260 - SELECT DISTINCT gperm_itemid FROM group_permission WHERE gperm_name = 'block_read' AND gperm_modid = 1 AND gperm_groupid IN (3)
0.000172 - SELECT b.* FROM newblocks b, block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=1 AND b.visible=1 AND m.module_id IN (0,-1) AND b.bid IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) ORDER BY b.weight, m.block_id
0.000285 - SELECT * FROM modules WHERE (hasmain = '1' AND isactive = '1' AND weight > '0') ORDER BY weight ASC, mid ASC
0.000679 - SELECT * FROM group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_read' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND gperm_groupid = '3')
Total: 12
Blocks
User Menu: Not cached
Login: Not cached
Main Menu: Not cached
Total: 3
Extra
db:system_homepage.html: Cached (regenerates every 604800 seconds)
Included files: 69 files
Memory usage: 3953992 bytes
Timers
XOOPS took 0.136 seconds to load.
XOOPS Boot took 0.046 seconds to load.
Module init took 0.004 seconds to load.
XOOPS output init took 0.085 seconds to load.
Page rendering took 0.016 seconds to load.
------------------
No PHP errors,
I can query database and see the admin account I set up.

I can call up and see user.php
I can call up phpinfo.php

I have installed XOOPS on an earlier machine (XP Pro 32 bit) with no problems. I am not sure is problem is newer IIS, 64-bit, or updates to PHP/Xoops

I have re-installed more times than I care to discuss... Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

jerjoe
Re: Unable to log in following installation
  • 2010/2/14 0:09

• jerjoe

• Just popping in

In checking further and comparing this to the installation on XP, the new install fails after the query:

SELECT * FROM group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_read' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND gperm_groupid = '3')

which returns one row:
| gperm_id | gperm_groupid | gperm_itemid | gperm_modid | gperm_name
| 4 | 3 | 1 | 1 | module_read

The XP system show a slightly different query as it had many more modules installed.

Since I am not seeing amy error messages, I question if this could be due to multi-byte comparisons which I have seen discussed with the recent version of PHP. I did include
extension = php_mbstring.dll
in the php.ini as recommended in the XOOPS install process.

I am not sure if the character set encoding chosen for MySQL will cause a problem (or could be contributing to the problem...)

Has anyone tried to install on a 64-bit machine? Any tricks/traps to be aware of?

Thanks.

ghia
  • 2010/2/14 0:17

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Are you installing on IIS?
Did you enable PHP debug in the preferences?
Verify the required write permissions for the special files and directories are set in two places: IIS and the regular file system for the appropriate users.
If this is for testing purposes, running Apache is mosttimes easier by installing eg. XAMPP.

jerjoe
  • 2010/2/14 1:29

• jerjoe

• Just popping in

Thanks, ghia.

I am installing on IIS. Write permissions set in both places to everyone. (I just want to get this to work for now...)

I set debug in the database since I could not get to the admin preferences.
UPDATE xxxx_config SET conf_value=1 WHERE conf_name = 'debug_mode'

I was hoping to run this in IIS; it "should" work.

I know I am communicating with the database...
I know I can display forms with PHP (user.php)

In the install process, last step, it says "you can now go to main page" - I do not recall if the middle panel should be blank at that point as mine is. And not sure why XOOPS recognizes and acknowledges the username/password but will not log me in but rather re-displays the initial login screen.

ghia
  • 2010/2/14 5:10

• ghia

Quote:
Write permissions set in both places to everyone.
Not sure, but I don't think 'everyone' does include the 'IIS user'.
Quote:
but will not log me in but rather re-displays the initial login screen.
One possible cause, could be that you don't have sessions activated, altough I doubt that, cause the install procedure was finished. (I know of some servers, that require to create a directory and write permissions for it to enable sessions. Don't know things for IIS - PHP)

Search once for IIS here on the forum. There may some helpful pointers.

jerjoe
  • 2010/2/14 16:52

• jerjoe

• Just popping in

Ghia,

Thanks for your suggesions. I am new to IIS 7.5 (my new notebook is a month old and my first experience with 64-bit problems). In IIS 7.5, there is no IUSR account, but rather "application pools" - one for .ASP and one for "default". Each of this has either "integrated" or "classic" security. I have tried both security choices, restarting IIS between changes, with no help.

I have followed instructions found via google searches for setting up PHP 5.2 with IIS 7.5, and it does work... I can see phpinfo.php, for example and I can make it through the install process.

I do have current entries in xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache, which tells me it is writeable. In xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache, I see only index.php while in my old XP machine, I see "xoops_adminmenu_XoopsGuiDefault.php". Any idea when in the install process this gets created? I have tried to re-install staring with a fresh copy of htdocs; when I do this, at the end it tells me a can view and configure my home page, but am directed to the standard login page (blank middle panel), showing my title at the top. When I log in, it indicates "welcome" rather than "invalid login", but still returns me to the same login screen.

I am unclear if this is a problem with not configuring IIS 7.5 correctly or not. I think all the mainpage.php settings are OK...

Any further suggestions or ideas to investigate or resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

ghia
  • 2010/2/14 17:29

• ghia

Quote:
I do have current entries in xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache, which tells me it is writeable. In xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache, I see only index.php while in my old XP machine, I see "xoops_adminmenu_XoopsGuiDefault.php". Any idea when in the install process this gets created? I have tried to re-install staring with a fresh copy of htdocs; when I do this, at the end it tells me a can view and configure my home page, but am directed to the standard login page (blank middle panel), showing my title at the top. When I log in, it indicates "welcome" rather than "invalid login", but still returns me to the same login screen.
I have the impression you are talking and comparing two machines, but not too clear to me what is what.

The file is created at the first access of the admin.php If it is not created, but in other folders, there are files created, maybe there is a difference in the permissions.

Try to put debug on to see any messages.

jerjoe
  • 2010/2/14 17:45

• jerjoe

• Just popping in

The permissions are the same for all folders on the problem machine.

I had set debug on (at least I think think this is correct) by using:
UPDATE x889_config SET conf_value=1 WHERE conf_name = 'debug_mode'

I can see the errors (0) and all the queries as shown in my initial post.

Is this the debug, or is there another setting?

I also set PHP to create an error log, but that has been clean since resolving problems in the php.ini file.

Thanks again for the assistance!

jerjoe
  • 2010/2/15 14:22

• jerjoe

• Just popping in

Resolved!

I was opening the program as:
http://mycomputername/mysite
and got the errors described above.

I finally started using:
http://localhost/mysite

and it works fine.

Still not sure why this made a difference, but all is now working.

Thanks again help...

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits