JS
Basic shop module
  • 2010/2/13 17:24

• JS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/16

I am currently trying to put together a very very basic shop module for xoops. I am not advanced in php at all so my efforts are a bit of a struggle.

I am currently using the module smallstore and I am trying to get it so that it adds up the amounts that are selected and gives a total and also I am trying to get it to use use the XOOPS built in mailing function as I use AuthSMTP for my relay.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated or if you know of a better module that I should be using I am willing to try it out.

This is what I am trying to do.

Trying to display items that have a price
the visitor can select how many of each item
the module then updates the amount and adds tax
when the visitor submits the order it is mailed to an XOOPS group or an e-mail address.
it would be nice if I can track how many times something has been sold.

The module does not have to process any payments or take any money it just needs to e-mail out the order.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

ghia
Re: Basic shop module
  • 2010/2/13 18:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Oledrion is full fledged shop module, but maybe to heavy for you.
A more basic module was Kshop, maybe also Zencart.

JS
  • 2010/2/13 19:00

• JS

• Just popping in

yeah that one is to heavy I have wanted KShop but I can't get it downloaded the link is dead in the modules area

ghia
  • 2010/2/13 19:08

• ghia

Try the one on XOOPS.nl.

Burning
  • 2010/2/13 19:12

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

You could do all of that with Oledrion. Not heavy modification I think.

Edit oledrion/checkout.php :
• comment lines 125 to 129 to hide payment information
• comment lines 270 to 282 to hide payment button

Not very clean hack, but if you are skilled with php not a matter for you to improve it

JS
  • 2010/2/13 20:30

• JS

• Just popping in

Actually the KShop is exactly what I am looking for. Is there a forum or something for KShop it has a few little bugs in it that I would like to try to get worked out.

Does anyone know if the original Dev is still working on it?

Thanks!

ghia
  • 2010/2/14 0:39

• ghia

No, Kaotik abondoned the module, when Oledrion, far more advanced, came out. He started the module based on a script called Fresno shop, but tought it was too much work to get the same feature level as Oledrion.
A pity, somehow, cause I think also a simple, lightweight, basic shop module could have its use for some sites.

If you have some remarks or problems, you can always post it here. (Maybe the search function will also reveal some solutions!)

JS
  • 2010/2/14 0:46

• JS

• Just popping in

Well I have been doing some work on the Kshop and for the most part got quite a bit of it work however there are a few issues that I have dealing with right now.

First of all it does not display the categories. Now when I look at the code in the index.php it looks like it is loading the categories but since I am not great with php I am having a little issue there.

It looks like most of the code is in place to display the categories . any help in getting them to display would be great. What I am trying to do is display the Categories so they are linkable and when you click on the categories they should list the products in them.

Not sure if you can help but if so I will be happy to send you the files I am working with and you can take a look at it.

Once I can get the categories to display I can then work on formatting the apperiance of the output.

Can you help?

JS
  • 2010/2/16 4:54

• JS

• Just popping in

Ok i have run into an issue and I was hoping someone here is better at php then I am could help me out.

I am working on the KShop module and I am trying to get it to display the categories and products for each category on one page. I beileve that all the functions needed in the module are there and loaded however I am unable to get my code to work.

Basically this is what I am trying to get it to look like

Category1
product1 product1
product2
category2
product4 product5
product6

ect...

The code I have looks like this and I know it doesn't work and I was hoping that someone can help guide me in the right direction.
<table>
 <
tr>
<{foreach 
item=cat from=$block.shop_cats}>

<
td>

<{
$cat.name}><br />
    </
td>
 </
tr>
 <
tr>

<
table class="item">
<
tr>
<{foreach 
item=prod key=count from=$prods}>
      <
td align='center' style='margin:0px;padding:5px 0px;'>
        <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$xoops_dirname}>/product_details.php?id=<{$prod.id}>" title="<{$prod.name}>">

</
a><br />
        <
span style="font-size: 10px;">
        <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$xoops_dirname}>/product_details.php?id=<{$prod.id}>"><{$prod.name}></a>
        <
br />
        <{if 
$spec.special eq 1}>
        <
span style="text-decoration:line-through; color:#FF0000"><{$prod.price}></span><br /><{$prod.sprice}>
        <{else}>
        <{
$prod.price}>
        <{/if}>
        </
span>
      </
td>
      <{if 
$count is div by $colnum}>
        </
tr>
        <
tr>
      <{/if}>
    <{/foreach}>
  </
tr>
</
table>
<{/foreach}>
<
br />
</
tr>
</
table>

The original module is attached to this thread if you want to look at it.

JS
Basic foreach structure help
  • 2010/2/16 5:59

• JS

• Just popping in

Currently have one foreach call and inside that call I have another foreach call. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could customize the second foreach call to accept a var from the first foreach call.

here is an example

This is my current structure
<tr>

<{foreach 
item=cat from=$lcats}> 
    <
td>

<{
$cat.name}><br />
    </
td>
 </
tr>
<
tr>
<
td>
<
table class="item">
<
tr>
<{foreach 
item=prod key=count from=$prods}>

Now the first foreach call lists the category name the second foreach call is suppose to list the products in the category that is in that part of that loop cycle. now I can call $cat.id to get the category id now I just need to figure out how to customize the foreach call from $prods to list the products associated with the $cat.id that the loop is on.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits