Zanmich
XOOPS 2.2.3 Final from 2005
  • 2010/1/20 23:30

• Zanmich

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/22

XOOPS 2.2.3 Final (2005 era)

Hi I need to know about upgrading this version of XOOPS from 2005

My hosting is changing php versions and this version will not work, and I need to upgrade to another version. is this possible.?

second, i really can build the site again quickly, and I was thinking I really only want to save the database for the module RSSC (Happy Linux) because there is a lot of feeds stored in this section. I could reload that part of the database and reinstall RSSC on the new XOOPS system, this could work also...??

any suggestions, i dont really want to start the whole site over, if i can get this upgraded would be better for me...

I have a couple other XOOPS sites also, one running the XOOPS 2.3.3 and it works great when he changed the PHP, the two older sites.. the one running XOOPS 2.2.3 final (2005) and one running XOOPS 2.0.15 dont work when he changed the PHP version, currently the PHP version is 5.2.12 and they run good, but in 1 month this will be changed and I will have to get the sites upgraded... any help would be great on updating these 2 older versions, they are non-edited versions, running a lot of blocks, and a few modules..

Thanks
Zan

ghia
Re: XOOPS 2.2.3 Final from 2005
  • 2010/1/21 7:03

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

In principle you can apply the 2.4.3 for upgrading (follow the instructions in the release notes).

For such big upgrades, it is always advisable to test it on a test site on your local PC with eg XAMPP. Restore the site and then test the upgrade.

Restoring one module on a new system is also something you have to test. Depending on the module it can work or give problems. In the database is also other module information stored, apart from the specific module tables. Some have to deal with permissions. So, eg categories are set by the module tables, but the access permissions are stored elsewhere. Some modules allow or can deal with the setting of permissions for items that where not created by the module and some can not.

Login

Who's Online

107 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 107

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits