IMArticles
Site Hacked!
  • 2010/1/2 4:01

• IMArticles

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/10/25

I think someone has hacked into my webmaster user and downgraded me to a registered user!
Now He's screwing my site all up! Of course I still have access to my hosting account, Can I somehow get my webmaster account back then ban his IP? How can I prevent this later?
Thanks!

dbman
Re: Site Hacked!
  • 2010/1/2 5:23

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

If you have a recent backup of the database you could restore the user and group tables. If you don't you could modify the associated tables, editing the user and group table records for your webmaster account.

If you are not sure of the process in either situation post back and someone will walk you through it.

IMArticles
  • 2010/1/2 5:43

• IMArticles

• Just popping in

I dont have a backup, but if someone could tell me how to edit the user and group tables that would be great.

red_Slider

Perhaps you have access to the database. Go to it through MyAdmin. Search your account - for example through a search. In the table "users" go to edit. Check your group and set there in groups - 1 (administrator / webmaster). If you have changed your password in the field "password", change the password for the new - here you have left the field type and select MD5. That should do the trick.
PS if you have the correct permissions for the files? Primarily for mainfile.php?
I recommend immediately change the password for the database - so sure.

IMArticles
  • 2010/1/3 0:05

• IMArticles

• Just popping in

I dont know what happened but my site's working now. I will be changing my password.

wishcraft

The amount of times I have seen this. Basically your session ticket expired, but you know to edit this if it did happen and normally what you where experiencing involved logging in and out again.

The following table:

/*Column Information For - database.prefix_groups_users_link*/
-------------------------------------------------------

FIELD    TYPE                   COLLATION  NULL
-------  ---------------------  ---------  ------
linkid   MEDIUMINT(8UNSIGNED  (NULL)     NO
groupid  SMALLINT
(5UNSIGNED   (NULL)     NO
uid      MEDIUMINT
(8UNSIGNED  (NULL)     NO

is what you need to change, if your account is UID 1 (Intial Account) you will need to add a group id of 1 and a uid of 1

groupid = 1
uid = 1

You will need to add a record with the following condition, this will restore your access to webmastery

IMArticles
  • 2010/1/3 21:48

• IMArticles

• Just popping in

Thanks everyone for the help!

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits