DicE
change theme depending on where you are on the site
  • 2009/10/7 20:01

• DicE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/10/4

Hi,

I'm fairly new to xoops. Have some xp with other php site systems like Oscommerce etc, but now I needs to design a site for a local sportsclub. They offer soccer and tennis and I had the idea to use a XOOPS site, with on the top part of the site the choice to either check out the tennis or the soccer part of the site.

depending that, I'd like to switch the site into another theme or at least color scheme.

Is this something that is possible? How would you guys go about it?

thanks for any info you might have to get me started.

DicE

ghia
Re: change theme depending on where you are on the site
  • 2009/10/7 20:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

DicE, welcome on the XOOPS forum.

Try the Defacer module.

DicE
  • 2009/10/8 20:19

• DicE

• Just popping in

Hi Ghia,

thanks for your suggestion. I had a look at the Defacer module.
it allows changing of the theme depending on which page/module etc of the site you are visiting e.g. the news module.

But what I am looking fore would use the same pages, it's the content and theme that would change depending on which sport you select.

I fear that what I want to do requires some custom mods :(
Unfortunately my knowledge of the XOOPS system is still to basic for that...

how would you go about this? Say you have a person who wants a side that talks about cars and phones (just an example )

there should be a way to select which topic you want to see info about and depending the one you choose; the main page updates its news, changes the theme or colors; the info pages contents is about that topic; etc etc.
Is that not possible with Xoops?

thank you again for your help. I understand if I'm asking a bit too much perhaps. Just need to find a way to get started I guess...

greetz
DicE

ghia
  • 2009/10/8 21:21

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Not sure I got what you want.

You can make a user member of user groups. So you can have a phone and a car group. In many modules as eg News you can reserve categories for a user group. In that way the car user can read articles from the car category, but has no access to the phone categories and vice versa. Same with eg the forum.

There is also multiXOOPS, that allows some sharing with subdomains (cars.mydomain.com and phone.mydomain.com) It uses one XOOPS, that serves several sites and can be different while sharing the user base.

DicE
  • 2009/10/10 7:51

• DicE

• Just popping in

I think we're getting there

I looked into the multixoops also.
couldn't really get it to work on my localhost site though.

I'll give it another try and see how thinks work out.

You say that users should register themselves and then should be added to groups. the majority of people who will be looking at this site will be doing so only for getting some info about the activities of the sportsclub though. It will not be very community-active or something. Most people will not want to make an account in order to see the news. So I'll need to see into getting the right news on the mainpage, depending on which sub-domain is being visited, rather then which user group.

still some thinking to do I guess :)

thanks again

DicE

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits