wishcraft
Sector Network Control - Xortify

Resized Image

Xortify - Fortify your XOOPS

I am working on a project called Xortify, it is a SOAP exchange that monitors and hooks up your protector or other network intrusion detection software into a cloud computing mass. It will use XoopsCache to store a list of the last hours bans from the network of clouded banned IP's.

It will display a template if you are banned and is an accessory to protector or any other firewall technology. The site itself is driven from www.xortify.com .. Cloud computing is web 2.0/3.0 stuff it used a SOAP XML exchange backend to work, this will eventually be included in xoops.

A cloud computing process is one which stager multiple networks sometime and mainly unknown to the webmaster into a network or cloud of data. In this example it is IP and Netaddy names to control access lists.

This will prevent predators from exposing your network to lag and other attacks from link farming, often this means many XOOPS are attacked in occasions which is all the time caught by protector, this way if an attack is in process across a large spectrum of links, your site will down itself to your sourced attack even if it is discovered on a completely unaffiliated site that is link farmed to yours or on a XOOPS User list.

For example I have used the XOOPS authentication plug-ins for xsoap with xsoap on the domain with a couple of minor changes to permissioning of plugins to produce a sign up page with the network identification disclaimer from Xortify.com to make a signup page also running both on php soap, not nusoap legacy.

Resized Image

When the module is installed you can signup for a username and password to the gateway when you first install it, it will remember the username and password with it in the preferences.

I will be marking how many runners come by and so on with the block screen.. There is a cron for example, it is not active and clears every 1 hour::

http://xortify.com/cron/unbanner.php

This will be locked down later... But just so you know, feel free to play with the submitter on the site if you want.

That is a module I wrote called ban, unban it is a due synchronicity module drive at www.xortify.com

sailjapan
Re: Sector Network Control - Xortify

Simon! Am I understanding this right? My site with this mod installed will send data pertaining to my ip ban list or from protector etc to a centralized server (www.xortify.com) which will distribute said info to any other site with this mod installed, thereby allowing any participating XOOPS site to blanket ban those plain old nasty people who feel the desire to attack my site?

Or maybe I'm mis-understanding something somewhere...

If my interpretation is right, all I can say is that I bow down in awe at your radiant magnificence and pledge my 7th born to be your life long indentured servant! All hail!

wishcraft
Re: Sector Network Control - Xortify

Thats right sailjapan, it is cloud network security.. Here is a book on it if you want to read up on the concept.

It is a distribution site with SOAP API for blacklisting large IP lists.

The hook in the footer allows for lengthy processing times without disturbing viewing pleasure.. So it is user powered, without having to set a cron.

It will dial XML Packets in and out of xortify.com which is registered uptil 2017 at the moment.

I am going to be upgrading to 2.4.x Series shortly on xortify.com.. It is locked down at the moment, for load testing..

You should be able if you want to test it by baning yourself on the website.. And it will produce a ban notice for up to one hour..

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits