barryc
Modify width of zen-ocean theme
  • 2009/8/12 0:58

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Here's another question that I hope one of you will be kind enough to answer:

I am using the zen-ocean theme by Kris, slightly modified for an aquarium club site (aka.org). I am getting complaints from members with small monitors that the right most area (that contains the diver image) covers part of the right column when the window size is narrow. I have been looking through the css and html files to try to figure out how to eliminate that right-most area with the diver. I can remove the diver image but not narrow the page. In other words, I would like the normal left column (with menu items) and right column (with mini-cal, recent news, etc.) to reach the edge of the screen. It appears that the three column content is overlaid on a background layout, but I haven't yet figured out where that background is defined. Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks,

barryC

ghia
Re: Modify width of zen-ocean theme
  • 2009/8/12 11:02

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I think you have to play with the z-index of some things eg:
#extraDiv4 -10
#extraDiv3 15
#xo-canvas 100

BeautyBrains

can someone please take a look at my site and see if you cane figure out what i need to modify in my theme so it appears correctly.

I am using imago06 an old XOOPS theme. I did replace my theme.html with theme.html from the new XOOPS 2.3.3 default theme

I can't figure what needs to be changed in the style file.

ghia
  • 2009/8/12 21:10

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You should open a thread yourself and not interfere with other theme questions.

Add display block to #mainmenu a and #usermenu a in the css file.

BeautyBrains

I don't know why you're angry. I have seen many open threads and get chastised for not placing their question in the thread with the same topic.

So I simply picked a thread that seem to have the same question as mine; I have theme modification question regarding margins and so does he, the only difference is using another theme. thought placing my question here made sense.

Login

Who's Online

472 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 472

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits