pasj
Design on menu fails on backup
  • 2009/7/8 20:57

• pasj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/8 2

Hey all

First post here, so if its placed in the wrong category, sorry in advance! :)

Now to my problem. I have recently gotten a XOOPS installed for a website im running (I haven't made the website myself) but unfortunately it crashed the other day. I managed to get a backup up and running but the menu has been changed to "default", not the cool one I had before. The maker of the website is not responding atm and I really need the website running by 1st of August.

The main thing is the menu. You can see the website on www.Bøfrummet.dk.

The menu i had before looked alot like the top banner with some orange in it. The menu was also just under the header with all the login info etc in the left side. Also the background has changed to a dull white instead of a nice grey/black one.

The point of all this is not to find someone to fix, because I would like to fix it myself of obvious reasons. I would like to know where to look for the "original" design and where to edit the webpage accordingly.

Really hope all this makes sense, tried my best to explain! :)

Have a nice day

Pasj

Mamba
Re: Design on menu fails on backup
  • 2009/7/8 21:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Hmm, maybe the backup you have is much older, and it didn't include the newest changes? Otherwise, the backup should work.

Obviously there are some issues with the Theme

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

ghia
  • 2009/7/8 22:12

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You didn't make a backup of the files and database of the broken site?

The utsbc theme seems me a special created or renamed theme. I could not find a reference to it.
You can adapt layout and colour settings in the theme.html and style.css files. It seems a lot of graphical elements are present in the directory, but not yet used.

Update the system module (admin - module manager) and set in the preferences the check on for new templates.

Security: Verify also that you have in EVERY directory a copy of index.html or add an instruction in your main .htaccess file to prevent directory listings on your site!

pasj
  • 2009/7/8 22:20

• pasj

• Just popping in

I made the backup just before it crashes. Literally just before. So every change is backupped :)

Well, after the backup is rerolled, i noticed that the block_mainmenu is html, is was php before. I think the webmaster made a special utsbc theme but if he altered the graphics it should follow, shouldnt it? That were im lost currently.

Trying to update the system module. Keep me posted with tips, anything :)

EDIT: The system module was updated fully.

ghia
  • 2009/7/8 22:49

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

For example you talk about a lost background colour, could it be /themes/utsbc/body_bg.gif? I did not see this used in the css file.
Are you sure the files got correct uploaded?
There are also some swf files, but I did not see directly, where they are put to use.

Runeher
  • 2009/7/8 23:13

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Hej, pasj...

Vi har også et Nordisk XOOPS site.. Du er hjertelig velkommen! :)

pasj
  • 2009/7/8 23:19

• pasj

• Just popping in

ghia, the body_bg.gif is just a small 1x1 pixel black and blue pattern, seems meaningless to even have. Guess it is used for something good :P

But the main thing is really the main menu. It really looks like crap (to put it right:) and i have been looking everywhere for something. I found something which looked a little like it, named menu_bg and menu_bg2. Dont know if they are in use.

Runeher, have not been able to register at your site, its not working at all!

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits