MisterNathan
Database Connection Issue

I have set up my database, user, password, permissions, directories...all that jazz. My problem is that when I enter in my hostname, username, and password on page_dbconnection.php and hit submit, I do not get any errors...my page just refreshes. I've tried it using Windows XP - Chome/Firefox/Opera, Mac OSX - Safari/Firefox, and Ubuntu 9.02 - Firefox/Opera. It's still a no go.

Questions? Answers?

Thanks in advance for your time.

zyspec
Re: Database Connection Issue
  • 2009/6/22 17:00

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Check to make sure you've created all the necessary directories and that the permissions for all your directories are set correctly. Seehttps://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4693 for details.

MisterNathan

All of the necessary directories are created and the permissions are set correctly.

ghia
  • 2009/6/24 2:19

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Probably, you are using the wrong username and/or password for MySQL. Can you log in to it with phpMyAdmin?
You may try to add an extra error message reporting to the file.

MisterNathan

Wouldn't I get a "can not connect to database" error if that were the case? That's the error I got when I had previously entered in the wrong username/password.

Ah, the person in that thread's problem seems identical to mine. When I searched for it, I couldn't find it. I'll try plugging that line in the php and see what comes up. Thanks!

MisterNathan

After plugging in the code and trying again, nothing changed. I received no error report once again.

ghia
  • 2009/6/29 22:50

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Are you with a free hoster?
Then it could be your session is not remembered. Check the hosting documentation for what to do for having sessions in PHP (creating a session directory or something?).

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits