burfodus
Multiple admin levels
  • 2009/5/21 3:30

• burfodus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

hello all,

Im a beginner in programming, and am hoping on some assistance.

Im aware this topic or similar too has been discussed a couple of times, and possibly being implemented into modules.

however, im currently interested in making a user side page within a module with access rights between user and admin, and would like to know if the framework for this already exists and how do i use it.

ie i could make someone a moderator status, and restrict the page to moderators? is this possible and how do i do this.

will this pose any security problems for sensitive information within these pages, and what measures should i take to avoid this.

thanks in advance,

steve.
XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.2
PHP Version - 5.2.6
MySQL Version - 5.0.67-community
Server API Version - apache2handler
OS Version - WINNT

ghia
Re: Multiple admin levels
  • 2009/5/21 6:12

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You may have a look at the userpage and clientspace module, which I believe do already implement these functions.
Apart from the XOOPS permission system for modules and blocks, you can make in your module permissions for user groups (create as many as needed) or the user itself (submitter, owner) to anything (categories, pages, ...) you like. Cfr categories in News, forms in Formulaire, ...

For security, the more functions, the more types of content, the more risky.
Allow only registered users to add something and have a close look at their contributions (Because ultimatly you are the final responsable for your site and its content). Provide a notification (or approval) system or button to signal controversial content, else scrutinize the Apache logs on every post request.

burfodus
Re: Multiple admin levels
  • 2009/5/21 10:04

• burfodus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

thanks ghia, always helping me!

the reason i raised the security question is i plan to have users with accounts they put money into and make purchases from, and managers managing these users and stock all on the user side of the site, as i dont want the managers having full admin access.

ill have a peak at those modules you mentioned. thanks again.
steve.

XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.2
PHP Version - 5.2.6
MySQL Version - 5.0.67-community
Server API Version - apache2handler
OS Version - WINNT

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits