nerdygeek
News on top page
  • 2009/5/7 11:48

• nerdygeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/16

Hello,

I've just installed the recent build of XOOPS onto my server for the first time.

Everything is going well and its very easy to pick up.

However I have one small issue which is down to lack of knowledge!

I would like to display some news on the top page which shows the title of the article and say 50 words (if the user wants to read more they can click into it).

I setup the news block to display on the top pages which it did and I set up a "test" article. The top page only displayed the title and not a few words of the article.

I opened blocks and selected edit for recent news (which is the one I have centered and switched on) and amended the snippet from 0 to 50.

However now, no News blocks will display on the top page at all but the actual news pages they are all present and OK.

Any ideas please?

sailjapan
Re: News on top page

Which version of News Module are you using?

News Module has two text fields for your article, "The Scoop" and "Extended Text". the scoop is what shows on the news page and when clicked on reveals what was written in Extended Text. This would work well if News is your home module.

A better way of doing what you want is to use a Spotlight module. There are several, but the one I like best is XM-Spotlight
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits