slicendice
how to limit displayed info in mytabs block to one forum category per tab - read for more info

Hi,

I have cbb 3.0.8,xoops 2.3, mytabs 2.1. I would like each tab (mytab) to display info that is limited to specific forum categories. E.g like on XOOPS.org, where the "Core" menu tab displays info from XOOPS Core forums only (see xoops.org frontpage).

My default CBB blocks display results that span all categories. E.g adding "recently replied topics" block to one tab (e.g CORE tab) shows results from Core, Module, Theme..all forums.

How can I get it to be like XOOPS.org ...any help, anyone..?

slicendice
Re: how to configure mytab for xoops.org top page look (forum)
  • 2009/5/8 10:24

• slicendice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/24

Ok, I think perhaps it's been hard to reply my posting because the description of the issue wasn't clear. Please bear with me whilst I try to give a clearer picture:

On my site I have mytabs. I wish to display my forums on the front page. I have 3 forum categories: ITiL, B.A, Prince2. Each category has 3 forums.

ITiL - General forum, ITiL 101, ITiL usage
B.A- General forum, B.A 101, B.A usage
Prince2- General forum, Prince2 101, usage

I configured 3 tabs on the frontpage. One tab for each category. I then selected CBB block for each tab. The block was entitled - recently replied topics.

The problem is that, now the ITIL tab, B.A tab and Prince2 tab repeat the same postings . How can I get the ITiL tab to show only information from the ITiL category? and so on?

I don't know if this is a better explanation. Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps I should be using another forum module rather than CBB? or something other than mytabs?...(head-scratching )

DarinAllan
Re: how to configure mytab for xoops.org top page look (forum)

Maybe you could clone a block, that may help? I haven't configured my tabs for a while now so don't really remember what I did with mine.

slicendice
Re: how to limit displayed info in mytabs block to one forum category per tab - read for more info
  • 2009/5/8 13:06

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Thanks Darin That was definitly the right direction. One thing though: I created the clones, set them to be visible in CBB Blocks on system preferences. And assigned them to the tabs. The problem is: the tabs no longer show on the frontpage..?

I'm sure it's an oversight, something I've overlooked...I've gone through the permissions. Can't figure out what..?

trabis
Re: how to limit displayed info in mytabs block to one forum category per tab - read for more info
  • 2009/5/8 13:12

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

"I created the clones, set them to be visible in CBB Blocks on system preferences. And assigned them to the tabs. The problem is: the tabs no longer show on the frontpage..?"

You just need to clone the blocks, you do not need to set blocks visible in CBB.

Visibility is handled by mytabs.
You need to go to mytabs and assign those cloned blocks to a tab and configure them(including the access permissions).

slicendice
  • 2009/5/8 13:48

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Hi Trabis,

thanks for that. It works perfectly now. Mytabs rocks

chco2
  • 2009/10/1 12:39

• chco2

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/3/5 1

Question..
I use X-forum, wich is basically the same as newbb. (or CBB).
I also want to use the tabs to show post from a category as on the xoops.org website. How do you do this? The block for Xforum do not have options to choose a specific category or forum, just recent posts.

Thanks,
Charly

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits