barryc
extCal minical image size
  • 2009/4/24 6:05

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I have installed the latest version of extCal. I like it a lot but have one problem. I want to display images inthe minical block. The block has options to change image size, but when I do so my image is shown in a reduced size. For example, the default size is 150 px wide and 225 px high. My images are 160x125. If I set the parameters to that, the image is reduced in size. If I set it to 160 wide and 225 deep the image is correct size but there is "dead space" above and below it. If I reduce the height setting at all, the image is reduced. You can see this at http://www.aka.org/aka23/. The image showing in the minical should be larger, 160w x 125h. Notice the dead space too.

Can anyone suggest a fix? It seems like the image height is hard coded but I can't find anywhere that I can change this behavior. I posted to zoullou.net but unfortunately haven't received a reply.

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

ghia
Re: extCal minical image size
  • 2009/4/24 7:37

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The image is a flash player with the correct dimensions (160 x 125). The image in the player may depend on the Flash code in /modules/extcal/include/SlideShow.swf

barryc
  • 2009/4/24 17:24

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

Yes, I could see it was a Flash movie, another thing I have no experience in editing. I opened SlideShow.swf and it does indeed open in the 150x225 format. I decompiled the swf to fla, then modified the dimensions to 160x125, then recompiled to swf. However, it apparently is not that simple. The "canvas" for the images in the minical is then the right size but the images don't appear. I guess I'll have to try to get zoullou's attention to ask how I can make the modificiations.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

ghia
  • 2009/4/24 17:34

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Maybe you can replace it with a JavaScript slide show?

barryc
  • 2009/4/24 18:08

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

I could try. Can you suggest one? To tell you the truth, I preferred the minical image process in the previous version of extCal, which just chose a random image. My real preference would be to have one image per month. To me that would be more like a real calendar. I'm sure there are javascripts out there to do that. I'll have to look.

Again, thanks for your advice. You sure do get around!

BC
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Login

Who's Online

110 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 110

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits