Suzanne
Emailing Groups Question
  • 2009/4/7 20:09

• Suzanne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/7 2

I have a fried who purchased XOOP and wants to be able to have his 'members' email groups within the database of the website. He was told you could do this, but he can't see how. He is not a computer person, therefore his asking me. I am to an extent. I do database managing and websites in FrontPage. Can you direct me to information that can help me help him? Thank you very much

ghia
Re: Emailing Groups Question
  • 2009/4/7 20:31

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Suzanne, welcome to the XOOPS forum!

Quote:
who purchased XOOP
XOOPS can here, on this site, be downloaded for free (see home page), but maybe other services where in the package.

For your question, if you are asking how an administrator could send mail to the subscribed users, you will find it in the admin section - users - send mail. There you can select among the various groups.

Which version are you using?

Suzanne
  • 2009/4/7 20:39

• Suzanne

• Just popping in

I am not sure what version he is using. I will have to call and ask. Do I need to ask if he has specific modules in additino to the original download? I guess that iw where I need to start. He wants people to be able to sign up on his site, and pick a group, such as REALTOR, PLUMBER, MORTGAGE, etc.... Then if a REALTOR needs to send a mass email to all MORTGAGE members they can from inside the website. He (the administrator) would not be involved in those emails.

ghia
  • 2009/4/7 21:04

• ghia

Quote:
Do I need to ask if he has specific modules in additino to the original download?
Also yes, because the function you describe is not among the standard functions and it is possible that he have a specific module for that function installed (I have no idea, but maybe xmail? friendfinder?).

Suzanne
  • 2009/4/7 21:44

• Suzanne

• Just popping in

What about This module for communication? I will be off tomorrow, but will check with him and get back on here Thursday. Thank you for your help so far...

Suzanne
  • 2009/4/9 15:28

• Suzanne

• Just popping in

Did anyone look at this module to see if this is what my friend needs? I didn't say above, but it is Yogurt Social Network 3.2 RC1. The link is in the above message. I am back in the office today. Thank you.

ghia
  • 2009/4/9 19:30

• ghia

I'm not at all familiar with this module, but I doubt it will offer the emailing functions you wanted.

Suzanne
  • 2009/4/9 20:50

• Suzanne

• Just popping in

Thank you. I was just looking around at the modules seeing if my friend needed to download additional parts to be able to do what he needs. Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits