McDonald
MyTube 1.05 RC-1 released
  • 2009/4/5 21:01

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Today the first Release Candidate of MyTube 1.05 has been released.
In this version the dimensions of most playes have been set to a 16:9 ratio and most video can be played automatically.
Three new sources have been added: Megavideo, Viddler and Vimeo.
More information about the changes can be found in the Changelog.

Changelog
· Updated JW FLV Player to version 4.3
· Displaying Rating features can be turned off
· Set (most) players dimensions to 16:9 format (480x295 px)

· Added: option to play videos automatically
· Added: option to set number of category columns
· Added: category column to Main Index listing
· Added: video thumbnail visible in info block when editing video
· Added: support for videoclips from Vimeo
· Added: support for videoclips from Megavideo
· Added: support for videoclips from Viddler

· Fixed: random vertical block not working properly
· Fixed: some typos in css [xoops-magazine/mcdonald]
· Fixed: bug in banner statistics block
· Fixed: category permissions will be deleted when category is deleted

· Changed: references to class/xoopsmodule.php to kernel/module.php [vaughan]
· Changed: templates/xoopstube_videoload.html and templates/xoopstube_singlevideo.php
· Changed: About page
· Changed: rearranged menu items

Autoplay
In the Preferences is an option that will make the videos from the following sources autoplay: YouTube, MetaCafe, MySpace TV, DailyMotion, Blip.tv, ClipFish, LiveLeak, Maktoob, Vimeo and MyTube.
For the other sources I am still looking for an how-to. Any help with this is welcome!

Installation
MyTube can be installed as any other module. For more details see the enclosed readme.txt file

Download
You can download MyTube 1.05 RC-1 from McDonalds Store at Google Code.

Watchmanz
Re: MyTube 1.05 RC-1 released
  • 2009/4/14 0:51

• Watchmanz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/11

This is not a criticism or anything, but one thing I notice about almost all XOOPS modules is that there is no demo. It would be great to have a demo XOOPS site with the modules running so you could see if it's exactly what you want. At the moment, you just have to download and install it and check it on your own site, and then delete everything if it's not what you're after.

It would be handy if the XOOPS site had a demo where you could see all of these modules in action.

EDIT: This is exactly what I was after. Great module.

McDonald
  • 2009/4/15 19:53

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Demo website:http://www.ronsrovlinks.nl/modules/xoopstube/

The module was called XoopsTube before, if you google for this you will find plenty sites using this module.

Mamba
  • 2009/4/15 20:00

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

There are problems with this module. It creates a blank screen, and you can't unistall it (XOOPS 2.3.3)

See here. I don't know if this is in general, or specific to this particular installation.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Catzwolf
  • 2009/4/15 20:01

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hiya McD,

I have moved your topic over to the module development testing area. Hopefully to help let people know you are looking for help to test it.

Thanks on the new update,

Catz

McDonald
  • 2009/4/15 21:08

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
There are problems with this module. It creates a blank screen, and you can't unistall it (XOOPS 2.3.3)

XOOPS 2.3.x is not supported as has been announced before. The problem is with 2.3.x because it doesn't support older modules correctly. You should forward this problem to the developers of XOOPS 2.3.x. It works fine with 2.0.x and 2.2.x.

@Catzwolf,

Many thanks!

Catzwolf
  • 2009/4/15 21:49

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
Quote:

Mamba wrote:

XOOPS 2.3.x is not supported as has been announced before. The problem is with 2.3.x because it doesn't support older modules correctly. You should forward this problem to the developers of XOOPS 2.3.x. It works fine with 2.0.x and 2.2.x.

As someone who has developed for XOOPS module wise for many years, it is generally known that the module updates to the newer features within the core and in my expericne this normally happened with every release.

Regarding the versions you quoted, the 2.0.X and 2.2 are no longer in development and thus are not supported anymore. The reason this was done was so we could concentrate on one branch only ( hence the merger between the two ) and not have to split the development time between them both. As you know this makes good sense and can only help the community more.

It really doesn't matter which CMS you develop for, whether it Joomla, ICMS, Drupal or Mambo, if the core updates, modules usually have to follow and I am really sorry, I wish I could say different on this matter.

Catz

noo-b
  • 2009/4/15 23:51

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

agree 100%
I Love Xoops

ghia
  • 2009/4/16 7:19

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
It really doesn't matter which CMS you develop for, whether it Joomla, ICMS, Drupal or Mambo, if the core updates, modules usually have to follow and I am really sorry, I wish I could say different on this matter.
This is not true for ImpressCMS. They are determined to keep compatibility with XOOPS 2.0 and 2.2 by observing the original API's, where 2.3 fails in this regard.
And I doubt it is the case for the other CMS. Probably yes, for major version changes, but almost certainly not for the minor ones.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits