DonCurioso
rss from modules

Hi,

i want to know how to show all rss feeds that i´ll have over a XOOPS site under backend.php

An example, i want to show oledrion feeds, news feeds & catads feeds...

Any suggestion ?

Many thanks in advance
HispaXoops | Xoops España

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

Burning
Re: rss from modules
  • 2009/3/22 23:34

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Have you already tried RSSFit (module maintained by Instant Zero).

It works with plugins technology (Oledrion is ready to work with it, search in extra folder )
Still learning CSS and... english

Zanmir
  • 2009/3/23 0:05

• Zanmir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/11

HI

I use RSSCenter to display any RSS Feed from any site and it will display images, and will display html in the feed

http://linux2.ohwada.net/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=11

If you want to display rss feeds with html then this module will do it perfectly with a bit of tweaking in the module config.

DonCurioso

Burning,

i don´t know why, but installation of RSSFit gives me a blank page over XOOPS 2.3.3

Ohwada solution it´s the same like xhld module to show external feeds inside my site, but i want to show internal feeds to everybody from backend.php

I did think that´s this was more easy, maybe adding a lines into backend.php to display feeds.

Thanks... any idea?

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

DarinAllan

I use the Planet module to aggregate all available RSS feeds from each module that has a feed.

Example

Edit: Link to Planet

DonCurioso

DarinAllan,

thanks for your suggestion, but i´m not looking this.

mysite.abc/backend.php ---> Show all feeds available on mysite... i´m looking this.

Thanks

DarinAllan

I certainly understand, I would like that as well, but not every module I use has a RSSFit plugin or has them in backend.php or at least didn't, I admit I haven't looked lately though, with planet I can aggregate every module that has RSS, I just put the xml address of the category which has all the Site wide RSS feeds in the header of the theme (replace the backend.php link) like so

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS" href="http://www.ozms.org/modules/planet/xml.php/rss/c4/u/b" />

Cheers

DonCurioso

DarinAllan,

xhld module does something similar like Planet, it´s very easy to use&understand&works really fine for me, i hope for more people too.

I don´t have the knowledge (yet!!!) to do the features i request, so i believe (maybe i´ll be in a mistake) than i don´t need any module, only add some lines of code inside backend.php to call rss feeds inside mane modules, like examples i put before.

That´s my oppinion/idea... I hope to find a solution like this

Regards

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits