barryc
Proliles-Not all members found on search
  • 2009/3/21 22:12

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Hi all. I am in the process of trying to upgrade my site (actually a mirror site first) to XOOPS 2.3.3 from 2.2.4. The profiles modules seems to have upgraded OK except that when I do a search, not all of the names that should be found, are found. For example, when I search for my own last name, my profile is not found. Another example: there are two members names Harper registered on our site. Only one is found when that last name is searched. The individuals are there is the db and I can log on using my ID.

Can anyone suggest why this might be the case and suggest a fix?

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Marco
Re: Proliles-Not all members found on search
  • 2009/3/22 20:44

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

hello,
did you set correctly the search rights, in the ext profile admin?
Do synergy or die.

barryc
  • 2009/3/24 20:16

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

Sorry for the delay in continuing this query.

As far as I can tell, I have all the permissions set up OK. The visible too options may need some fine tuning, but that should only affect what fields are visible to whom, not whether a member is found or not. The odd thing is that a search gets some members but not others. Another example is that if I search for my own last name, Cooper, I find my test membership, which I use for testing what non-admins can see. However, my webmaster member name does not come up. I am logged on as webmaster when doing that search.

As this is a test site, to work through what problems I'll have uypgrading the live site, I would be happy to give you, or anyone else who might help, admin access to the test site to see if I've set something up incorrectly.

Thanks,

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

barryc
  • 2009/3/27 6:46

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

I'm becoming desperate to find some help to solve this problem. I am pretty sure this is not a problem of simply improperly set permissions. As this is a test site, in desperation I set all groups to have access to everything. I also set all fields to be visible to everyone. I still have the problem.

I cannot find any reason for some names not to be found when searching via profile/search.php. As I have said, the records are in the database but a search using profile/search.php does not find all that it should. When logged on as admin I can view my profile and edit my profile, but I cannot find my entry using that search function. If I search for <begins with> cole, I should find four people with the name Cole and two with the name Coleman. I find only three people named Cole and neither of the Coleman entries. I can see that they are there in the database. I can also find these records using the admin search function. It's just searching via profile/search.php that does not find all the appropriate hits. I cannot figure out why some are found and some are not.

As I said, I cannot find my own webmaster entry even when logged on as webmaster. I tried adding a new user for myself, using a different user name and email, etc., set it as webmaster, and was able to find that entry when logged in using my real webmaster ID. If I log in using the new entry, I cannot find my read entry. It seems that dome of the records have some unique property that is preventing search.php from finding them, but I cannot see what it is.

This is very frustrating. If I cannot solve this problem I cannot upgrade to 2.3.3. We use the database as our club roster and for all our mailings to members. It is crucial that the profiles search works properly.

Please help!

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

ghia
  • 2009/3/27 7:10

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The problems you describe are in the new upgraded 2.3.3 system working with the updated 2.2.4 database?
Did you run the file check on it (see release notes)?

barryc
  • 2009/3/27 15:04

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

Yes, the XOOPS installation causing me these headaches is 2.3.3 updated from my 2.2.4 database. I first made a duplicate site under a new folder, then made a new database and copied all the tables to it, then copied the files from my live site to this test site. The site worked under 2.2.4. I then updated to 2.3.3 exactly following the instructions. I did run checksum, but just ran it again to remind myself of the results. It reports all the install files missing (as expected) but it also reports files from the default and zetagenesis themes missing. The default theme folder is on my server. Interestingly, the zetagenesis folder is not and it is not in the 2.3.3 package that I had downloaded. I have a second download of the package and it is in that. Checksum also reports files from the Protector folder as missing. Most interestingly, the Protector folder is on my site but Protector does not show up as a module. As this is a test site I had not yet tried to access Protector so hadn't noticed that. I tried uploading the Protector folder again but the module still does not show (iinstalled or uninstalled). That's very odd and suggests something wrong with the files. Finally, checksum reports the files from xoops_data and xoops_lib missing because they were moved out of the server root.

It may be that my original download of the XOOPS 2.3.3 package is corrupted somehow. I don't see how the missing, but unused, themes and the uninstalled Protector should cause my problem, but I'll have to address those issues. I guess I'll have to try going through this process of duplicating the 2.4.4 site and upgrading again, using a fresh download of 2.3.3, to see what happens. I will run checksum after the download, before doing the upgrade this time. Incidentally, it might be good to suggest that in the upgrade instructions.

I have to go out this morning but will try it this afternoon and report back. I have tried the upgrade a couple of times but always with the same 2.3.3 package.

More later.

BC
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

ghia
  • 2009/3/27 15:34

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Test also the files, before moving xoops_lib and xoops_data to be sure all are accounted for.
Sometimes some of the sourceforge mirrors stop transfert before the end is reached and this results in an apparently working zip file, but with some files missing.

trabis
  • 2009/3/27 18:46

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

barryc wrote:
Hi all. I am in the process of trying to upgrade my site (actually a mirror site first) to XOOPS 2.3.3 from 2.2.4. The profiles modules seems to have upgraded OK except that when I do a search, not all of the names that should be found, are found. For example, when I search for my own last name, my profile is not found. Another example: there are two members names Harper registered on our site. Only one is found when that last name is searched. The individuals are there is the db and I can log on using my ID.

Can anyone suggest why this might be the case and suggest a fix?

Barry Cooper

In the dropdown selection box you need to choose "Contains" and not "Start with".

barryc
  • 2009/3/27 21:21

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

No, it doesn't work using contains either. I see no reason that should help anyway. The entry I'm searching for under, say, Last Name does begin with what I'm entering as the term I'm entering.

BC
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

trabis
  • 2009/3/27 21:37

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

OK, look into the query. You should find something like this:
SELECT u.uidu.unameu.emailu.user_viewemailu.unameu.last_loginu.user_regdate FROM users AS u LEFT JOIN profile_profile AS p ON u.uid=p.profile_id WHERE 1=AND (level '0' AND uname LIKE 't%' AND last_login <= '1238198400' AND user_regdate <= '1238198400'LIMIT 020

Show us how yours look like.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits