nickc25
Is xoops what I need? Im totally lost...
  • 2009/2/9 13:00

• nickc25

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/9 1

Hi

I currently have a website which is www.disneyworldonline.co.uk which is all html and has a vbulletin forum on it. The other part is a villa rentals section but it is all html based and very static.

I am creating a new villa only website which is www.floridadreamsvillas.com but after I started, I realised I wanted to use php to enable users to have more flexibility.

I want users to be able to search for a villa by price, location, size and any other features and also see a list view. Can XOOPS do this? I have looked at other cms systems but I am just getting lost, I have no clue where to start...

Thanks

deka87
Re: Is xoops what I need? Im totally lost...
  • 2009/2/9 13:58

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

I think if you installed "efqdirectory" module on XOOPS you would get what you need. it is used for creating custom listings with your own lines and has lots of search options. it also has a paid subscription option. however it's poor on blocks and doens't have notifications. and you can't add pictures there if im not mistaken.

Mind anchors

ghia
  • 2009/2/9 23:10

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The module catads by kraven or classifieds may also something to check out.

JDLamb
  • 2009/2/16 16:10

• JDLamb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/10

I don't know about the particular modules, but as a XOOPS fan, I will tell you why I like it. Its easy.

If you are using a CMS for the first time, I can recommend it. You will also find that the folks on this forum are very friendly.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits