dh180
extCal Hack for scheduling volunteers
  • 2008/12/5 13:02

• dh180

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/9 1

I noticed a fair number of people asking for a scheduling module and there doesn't seem to be one. So, I've modified the extCal module in an attempt to create a new module where I can create a shift schedule for volunteers, (specifically ski patrollers in my case). I think with a few minor modifications, it could be a useful and needed module. I'd be happy to turn this over to someone for further development, but I don't know how.
Two items I'd like to see are:
1. a simple email button where a user can send a request to users in their same group asking for a substitute.
2. Have the 'recurring event' function create a new and separate event. This is needed so when someone offers to substitute, they are only subbing for the specific Shift/Event, not every occurrence.
Where do I go from here?

dh180
Re: extCal Hack for scheduling volunteers
  • 2008/12/8 14:04

• dh180

• Just popping in

nudge

dh180
  • 2008/12/11 16:04

• dh180

• Just popping in

it looks like I'm the only one who cares.
so much for "support" forums, eh?

sailjapan

How about putting up a download link or demo site for people to take a look at what it does as is. If a dev sees it in action and thinks she can improve it, you might get more of a response.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits