Tazman_al
Problem of block display order changing!!
  • 2008/10/13 23:53

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I have an unusual problem with the blocks on one of my sites.....
In blocks admin when I view all the visible blocks they display in the correct order (by placement and then by weight).
When I then change to just 'Anonymous users' the block order is mixed up. It looks as though it is displaying in the order of the modules in the groups view!!!
This also affects the display order on the main site as well - the right hand column displays one order when visiting and another order when logged in!
Any ideas where I can look / fix this?

Thanks

eireann
Re: Problem of block display order changing!!
  • 2008/10/14 0:54

• eireann

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/21

There are different adjustments for the different modules and users.
When you go to the main block menu you only see how the blocks are arranged for the TOP PAGE and registered users.

You have to go BLOCKS and there where it sais GROUPS and there select Anonymous user. There you see what they see.

Tazman_al
  • 2008/10/14 11:48

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

This is what I am doing.

The problem is that the order of the blocks when displayed is wrong.

The blocks should be displaying by column and then weight (for example all the visible left column blocks listed first, then all the right column blocks and so on.
This displays correctly for all groups EXCEPT for anonymous users when selecting either visible=yes or visible=no !!!!
Resized Image

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Al

Tazman_al
  • 2008/12/13 1:30

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

OK - this is officially weird. The block are now displaying in the correct order without me actually having done anything!!

In fact the only the only change to my web space was the addition of a new XOOPS site (latest version). Maybe this had something to do with it. Or not. Just glad that all is as it should be now.

sailjapan

sounds to me like Caches were coming in to play somewhere along the line... might explain a 'delay' in changes you made earlier...
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

87 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 87

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits