lets say you have 100 pic's

100 pics: 10 pics here
20 pics here
20 pics here
10 pics here
10 pics here
20 pics here
10 pics here

That you can choose where a certain amount of files get inside certain folders. and that folders can be chosen to be added inside the image folders on the website. if you don't know what i mean i can make an image about it.

hope i make myself clear and helped with my idea. i'm not kind of an programmer but i'm pretty good in adding ideas:P

greetz Raymon

raymia
Re: eXtGallery idea. does this make sense?
  • 2008/9/19 8:21

• raymia

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/25

i hope i can get some replies of what you think about this idea.

i mean like multiple batch folders that are all connected to one certain folder. batch 1 to folder 1 batch 2 to folder 2 etc. etc. and if you make another folder you can add another batch that is automatically connected to the new folder.

i can't program myself but i thought it was a good idea. please reply and critisize or add your ideas about my idea

greetz Raymon

DarinAllan

It might be best to let the developer know about your ideas, zoullou usually checks his forum ;o)

ExtGallery Home

raymia
  • 2008/9/19 12:07

• raymia

• Quite a regular

what do you think about this idea then? and i can't register there because my outlook doesn't work.

but is it a good idea?

DarinAllan

You could get a Gmail account or similar of your choice.

I am quite happy with ExtGallery the way it is, I just about have to beg people to upload pictures of themselves, so I have no need for a full featured Gallery with all the bells and whistles lol. It's perfect for me just the way it is. I am the wrong person to ask, I was just trying to help ;o)

Seriously most developers love feedback about their creations and they are the ones to actually implement the ideas.

Good luck

raymia
  • 2008/9/19 12:45

• raymia

• Quite a regular

ty but i mean a batch folder so people can upload pictures theirselves. it's easier for large amounts of pictures if you don't have to choose an folder to upload them to. i mean it like this. first you have to upload them to the batch folder. then on the website you need to be an admin and then upload the pictures to the map they mean. i want it like they add it in the folders that need to be used. and the admin can upload the pictures from the map that is connected to a certified folder.

Runeher
  • 2008/9/20 6:42

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Is what you mean a batch add feature similar to the galleries on ie. Facebook?

raymia
  • 2008/9/22 7:02

• raymia

• Quite a regular

yes something like that. let me explain.

you can make different categories in eXtgallery. but you have to use the same batch folder. isn't it easy to make several batch folders and that you can choose a batch folder inside a dropdown menu. and then you can upload the content inside that and only that batch folder. and if you go to another category that you can choose a different batch folder for that.

first this i think is easier to code. my second option to add per example 10 pics here 20 there 10 there. that is tricky coding i know. and i'm not a coder and not a developer. i am an student trying to become an coder of developer.

greetz ray. hope i explained it good enough

raymia
  • 2008/9/23 7:07

• raymia

• Quite a regular

come on people only 2 persons adding their ideas and critics. i need more to post on zoullou.net. want to make uploading in the future easier.

sailjapan

how about having an 'add another photo' field (with 'browse' button) automatically spring up after finishing one file 'browse'. A bit like adding attachments in gmail but made automatic... if you know what I mean
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits