Speed
Date Formats
  • 2008/9/2 14:56

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Something that has long been a headache is that the date formats differently for templates, modules, etc. Every module maker sets things to their local standard but that makes for a LOT of work for people creating XOOPS sites. It would be nice if there was one place we could set how we'd like the date displayed.

Please.

mrphilong
Re: Date Formats
  • 2008/9/15 3:24

• mrphilong

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/7/14

www.UcChau.Net
www.XoopsViet.Org

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/10 13:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

I like the way it is implemented in the news module. It gives you the choice to choose the date format you like. I'd like other modules to implement such an option too instead of handling it in the core. Then you have the flexibility of choosing different time formats on a module basis.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/10 14:19

• Anonymous

• Since:

In XOOPS 2.3.x you can set the date format for the system and many modules which use it by editing global.php and locale.php in /languages/your-language

mboyden
  • 2008/10/17 20:41

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I like being able to specify it differently in different places. My preference is to do it in the templates using the smarty code overall, though. Some places I might want a short date, others a long date. So being able to get the date/time stamp and then output formatted via smarty might be our best overall bet.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits