sakyant
Newbb not work - empty form on newbb create category/forum - error in xoopseditor script
  • 2008/8/21 22:12

• sakyant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/13

hello i am new here, i just installed newbb on top of my old one and when i try to make new category or forum i just get a white screen...
also when i try to post new topic or reply here on thehttp://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/
forum i get a white screen!
what is wrong 9? i have installed newbb on XOOPS in 3 different domains and none of them work!
if i try to post on the test forum that is automaticaly created, then i get the following error message

Fatal error: Call to a member function render() on a non-object in /www/htdocs/sensis/yantpedia/home/public/Frameworks/xoops22/class/xoopsform/formeditor.php on line 36
I am not a developer, so i cannot figure it out..i re-uploaded all files again and reinstalled module but to no avail!
can anyone help me please?
extra info;
the sak-yant.com domain has a 2005 version of XOOPS still which has not been nupdated (i dare not as i am scared the same bug will happen as did with the bbforum, i had 2000 members on that forum and it seems to be lost now as i can reinsert the table info into the db as tables are different from older version and it seems to complex to re-adapt categories and table info inserts therein for me.
whatever, the other domains all have php5 installed and i installed the XOOPS community package entirely on all 3.
None of them work!
the new bb forum has a bug in the admin category and new forum interface (click on new forum or category and the form page it leads to has no textfields or tickboxes/selctboxes - only a blank page in place of the html form with the header "create new category/forum".
So off i go to the frontend to try to post or edit the test post and forum...
http://www.sak-yant.com/yantpedia/home/public/modules/newbb/newtopic.php?forum=1
this leads to a blank page
The title of the test post is there..
but when i click on replyt takes a few moments hanging in the browser then i get this error message
http://www.sak-yant.com/yantpedia/home/public/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1&forum=1

Fatal error: Call to a member function render() on a non-object in /www/htdocs/sensis/yantpedia/home/public/Frameworks/xoops22/class/xoopsform/formeditor.php on line 36

on the xoopsforge developer forums (the one with the blogger sklin), there are also white screens when trying to post or reply
quick reply form appears but does not appear after saving post.
How come i get this problem but don't seem to see anyone else mentioning this problem. Obviously the module program works for most of you.
I have 200 members complaining and sending me mail and i really am not a programmer so i can't find why the "render" object is nonexistent as i don't know where that object is defined in another file somewhere.And evven if i found the snippet of code i probably wouldn't know how to correct it.
If the developer forums are getting white screens and they can't fix it, then i should start to worry about the safeness of using XOOPS bb3 in future.
Of curse this is the nature of using open source stuff (no support), and i do find the XOOPS cms to be my favourite of all cms programs including paid ones.
Thanks to all people on XOOPS for the good things, but please can someone give me some leads on what is happening with the newbb?
and if someone knows what my problem is and how i can solve it pleas please tell me!

Mamba
Re: Newbb not work - empty form on newbb create category/forum - error in xoopseditor script
  • 2008/8/21 22:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Could you please provide us with the following information:

PHP Version
XOOPS Version
Newbb version

This always helps to know what kind of environment you have.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

sakyant
Re: Newbb not work - empty form on newbb create category/forum - error in xoopseditor script
  • 2008/8/21 22:40

• sakyant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/13

Yes the XOOPS version on 2 sites is the lates one downloaded a week ago
as to bb version it is the version in the current community pack from sourcefourge.
The one domain that i updated forum only without updating the XOOPS version is difficult to say, as on the footer the php echo prints "