chco2
Content grabbing module core done need help
  • 2008/7/5 8:10

• chco2

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/3/5 1

Hi!

I've been thinking of adding some stuff to the XOOPS community and I'd like to start with a PHP script I wrote that can grab (partial) content from any webpage and present it the way you want. It also grabs RSS feeds, but there are already plenty of rss modules around.

I've tried to create a module myself and although it is progressing, I don't have the time to figure it all out. Needs an admin side with forms that feed the php script and a userside full main page and also blocks (for small content or rss feeds).

Is this interesting for anyone?

Send me a PM or go over tohttp://files.designburo.nl/lightwave
It's a XOOPS site I used for lightwave, but if you register, in the forum under development there's a XOOPS forum. Use that for suggestions and feedback.

This is the description of the current script :

---------- BEGIN

Introduction
GrabIt© is a PHP function that, in short, allows you to grab content from other websites to be presented on your own site.
All done without the need of (nested)frames and allways providing you with the latest content from other websites.
What can it do?
GrabIt© boosts the following features:

* Grab any browser viewable material and show it on your website
* Use up to three 'find and replace' options to modify the grabbed source
* Can show various content from various sources on one page
* Links and images in the grabbed content will still work
* It shows the grabbed content from a cached file and refreshes the file in a time period you define (from 1 minute to ..)
* Function can simply be called with propper arguments and print the Grabbed content
* Function can also be called to return the Grabbed content to the 'caller-script' to be (optionally) processed
* Time of last filecache can be displayed optionally
* Very easy setup and usage. Can be up and running in matters of minutes!
* If bought on CD, you can a free Video-Tutorial included. Just sit down and watch how easy it is done.
* Version 1.2 will also allow you to show RSS 0.9 and 1.0 feeds (will be ready soon and if you buy GrabIt now, you will receive 1.2 for free)

Benefits
First and foremost.. Keep your visitors on your site! Providing them with content that is related to your website and is always up-to-date.
Don't give them an excuse to leave your site. Show them all the relavent material right on your pages. This can be the latest news; stock-exchange; Forums; simple HTML; complex HTML and many more.
Requirements
* An Unix, Linux or Windows platform with PHP installed. (GrabIt© has been tested on Apache servers)
* A bit of PHP knowledge can be a help
* Administrators rights on your (hosted) server.

---------- END
“It's amazing the way people cling to insults. Or what they think are insults.”

phppp
Re: Content grabbing module core done need help
  • 2008/7/6 5:51

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

The digest module might have some functionality:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=84&lid=1644

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits